1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

If I wanted to buy a finished body......

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by HBamps, Aug 4, 2009.

1. HBamps

HBamps Tele-Meister

If I wanted to buy a finished body, where would you recommend I go? I'm looking for a nice quality, nitro finished tele body.

I have been looking at Mark Jenny stuff and it sure is nice looking, but not sure if there are any other options for me.

Any advise? thanks!

2. Billm

Billm RIP

You like that beat-up look? MJT gives you lots of choices, from closet clean to more-distressed-than-Joan Rivers.

If you like clean and shiny, Warmoth bodies are about perfect, with near-infinite paint and finish options. A little pricey, but great quality.

Then again, you could buy an SX Tele for a little over $100 and throw away what you don't want. Better yet, sell the well-regarded neck and have your project for free.

3. straightface

straightface Friend of Leo's

I don't think Warmoth does nitro though. Check out USA Custom Guitars (http://usacustomguitars.com). Tommy will ship it directly to whoever you want to do the finish. Highly recommended. Another option is Guitar Mill (http://www.guitarmill.com)but I have never dealt with them.

4. Rose Jackets67

Rose Jackets67 TDPRI Member

+1 for guitarmill. Just put together a super premium '55 replica for my dad and we used one of their ash bodies. Perfect finish, beautiful wood, delivered on the day they said it'd arrive.

5. KevinB

KevinB Doctor of Teleocity

Musikraft will make you a great Tele body too and their nitro finishes are very well regarded.

6. mellecaster

mellecaster Former Member

Maybe that's why one of mine for a customer was 8 weeks past the promised date ?....They do exceptional work, but I can't live with Companies that do business like they do...It was a veritable "Excuse Factory" on the promised Delivery time.

7. smokerjoe34

smokerjoe34 Tele-Holic

I'm with Mellecaster all the way !! They meaning Guitar Mill was just about 2 1/2 mon. overdue on a neck & body for me and I just really looked bad on the whole deal !! Won't do business with them again !!

8. caytele

caytele Tele-Meister

Musikraft for me...nitro done the right way...thin and purty!!...and their necks fit the bodies..like...well....LIKE THEY WERE MADE FOR THEM!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.