If I said “we only have Hogan’s Heroes snow here”…

Mike Eskimo

Telefied
Ad Free Member
…would you know the reference/amount of snow ?

A buddy down in Akron was telling me that they got hammered in that big snowstorm that made a U underneath us and completely missed Michigan. Then he asked “hey do you guys have any snow ?”

And I said “no not really, we only have a little Hogan’s Heroes snow here”.

He said “Dig” cuz he’s hip and/or watched that dopey show like I did ! 🤣

ndcaster

Doctor of Teleocity
big fluffy styrofoam flakes you can blow off your buddy's shoulder like lint

loved that show

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Ja!

Attachments

• 1642632269350.png
    1642632269350.png
    329.1 KB · Views: 45

staxman

Tele-Afflicted
I saw this on a trivia site. I have no idea if it is accurate:
Bob Crane (Colonel Robert Hogan) and Werner Klemperer (Colonel Wilhelm Klink) are the only actors to appear in all 168 episodes. For the first several seasons the "snow" on the roofs and on the ground was actually salt. By the fourth season, much of the snow on the roofs had been replaced by patches of white paint.

Brad Pittiful

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I saw this on a trivia site. I have no idea if it is accurate:
Bob Crane (Colonel Robert Hogan) and Werner Klemperer (Colonel Wilhelm Klink) are the only actors to appear in all 168 episodes. For the first several seasons the "snow" on the roofs and on the ground was actually salt. By the fourth season, much of the snow on the roofs had been replaced by patches of white paint.

yes they both were in all 168 episodes...but so were

john banner

larry hovis

richard dawson

robert clary

all the info can be found at imdb

staxman

Tele-Afflicted
yes they both were in all 168 episodes...but so were

john banner

larry hovis

richard dawson

robert clary

all the info can be found at imdb

Funny you should mention IMDb. I got the info from the Hogan’s Hero’s Trivia section on IMDb.com. Who knows? I don’t plan to watch all 168 episodes to find out.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I have real problems with Hogan’s Heroes. The Germans were not stupid and there’s nothing funny about a POW camp.

I met an old man once, by chance, many years ago. He had the numbers tattooed on his forearm. He never talked about it, nor did I ever ask of course, but you could tell that there was "something" that always troubled him... I always figured it was his time in whatever camp he was in that changed him, and he never really got over it.

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
I have real problems with Hogan’s Heroes. The Germans were not stupid and there’s nothing funny about a POW camp.
It was teaching moments in my life. We the boomer kids thought it was funny. For some of us it brought out that our parents, grandparents plus many of their family and associates were a mix of people who escaped escaped or survived Hitler, the czar's army, with some of them fighting in WWII. Some were in concentration camps, POW camps, and were hidden like the Anne Frank story. I learned why the US flag could bring tears to my tough grandparents and dad, and why they kissed the soil when they returned home from a trip abroad.

While their debates on that show were not settled, recent times have had me reflecting on the fantastic privilege to have had those incredibly strong and resilient people raising us.

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Detroit did not get that storm? Crikey - we got 16 to 18 inches, same as Akron. We tend to get Akron weather rather than Cleveland weather.

I had to get the snow blower out of the shed. It barely made it through that snow. It's on its last legs though.

Mike Eskimo

Telefied
Ad Free Member

But, really - weren’t they ? Following, blindly and adoringly, a pathetic, narcissistic “strong” man (🤔) en masse is not evidence of at the very least, temporary stupidity ?

Tell that to Mel Brooks and "The Producers!"

Huzzah sir !

Detroit did not get that storm? Crikey - we got 16 to 18 inches, same as Akron. We tend to get Akron weather rather than Cleveland weather.

I had to get the snow blower out of the shed. It barely made it through that snow. It's on its last legs though.

We lucked out !

We used to have season tickets to Playhouse Square. This was one of the shows we got to see. We left at intermission. Mel Brooks wasn't funny either.

I could go on about humor, but I'll pass for now.

Humor is as subjective as music.

At least. I find Mel Brooks and almost everything he’s involved in uproariously funny.

He also laughed hard when Martin Short as Jiminy Glick asked him “so what’s your problem with the Knotsi’s ?”

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Humor is as subjective as music.

At least. I find Mel Brooks and almost everything he’s involved in uproariously funny.

He also laughed hard when Martin Short as Jiminy Glick asked him “so what’s your problem with the Knotsi’s ?”

I get it.

Often a comedian or a movie will throw out a raunchy joke or sex reference that is funny because it catches you off guard.

"The Producers" was one raunchy sex joke after another. The first two were funny - but we quickly grew weary of them after that. There must have be 30+ in the first act. It was the repetition that drove us out.

I have seen other Mel stuff that was funny.