If I get a strat

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Bluego1, Dec 22, 2018.

1. hdvades

hdvades Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

awasson likes this.
  2. GuitarKid

GuitarKid Tele-Holic

I would get that cream one just for how sexy is looks. It makes me feel like doing weird stuff with it. I'm sure she not only sounds good, but smells, tastes and plays good too.

I have a Classic Vibe 50s Strat, and, in all honestly, it sounds as good as my high end Strats, but feels like cheap plastic. Now you can crucify me for that.

Bluego1 likes this.
  3. Zepfan

Zepfan Poster Extraordinaire

I like the Buttercream, but I'd have to put a Tort guard on it eventually.

Bluego1 likes this.
  4. wyclif

wyclif Tele-Afflicted

Probably a good, very playable Strat. The only thing I don't like about them is the lack of in-line Kluson tuners (much better design) and the two (!) string trees. I can live with one string tree, but two trees means they just didn't feel like fixing the string height downward pressure over the nut. Basically a hack.

5. wyclif

wyclif Tele-Afflicted

This is why I have one electric guitar, a Telecaster.

You offer some good advice, but I'd modify it a little. IMO you should get a quality guitar first before you buy a second one. IOW spend as much as you can to get the highest quality guitar you can afford, even if you have to wait a little. Better to have one great guitar that you really love to play and can't put down than five mediocre ones.

6. whoanelly15

whoanelly15 Tele-Holic

Yup! This is the answer. I needed to hear this too. I have one tele and one strat. I have GAS for another tele and 2 more strats, but I know my attention is better focused elsewhere.

That said, I’d probably go CV. ;)

7. jgmouton

jgmouton Tele-Meister

I had a Classic Vibe but did not like it (much less than my CVC Tele). I recently bought a Squier Standard Strat and it's great, love it! It's light and sounds really good. Only the tuners are not that great but usable because they stay in tune no problems.

8. kookaburra

kookaburra Tele-Afflicted

Mmmm, buttercream!

Bluego1 likes this.
  9. Bluego1

Bluego1 Tele-Afflicted

After reading through this thread, in particular the comments about that middle pickup being hit by the pick a lot (and I do it with my Pacifica) I’m going inexpensive (can you say Squier?) if at all. Gonna play with the Pacífica a lot more first, though I do think I want the three single coils for my collection. Probably end up with the CV. I love the matching headstock and maple neck.

10. PCollen

PCollen Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I'd suggest looking for a good used MIM Standard Stratocaster 1-3 years old. That said, I picked up my NOS 2012 MIM Classic Player 50's Strat with G&G Case late in 2015 for $595 shipping included. There are deals out there that would make you wish you looked harder rather than opted of the immediate, low-cost solution.

awasson and Bluego1 like this.
  11. maggieo

maggieo Tele-Holic

12. awasson

awasson Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

The Classic Player Series is an amazing value. I’ve got a small budget put aside for a new Strat. I’m thinking about the new Professional Strat but I play my 2010 Classic Player 60’s and it leaves me nothing to desire. It sounds phenomenal, I like the neck, it looks phenomenal and it has top notch hardware. I wonder if my GAS has been cured by the Classic Player Strat :confused:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.