If every successive generation of DSP/SS Amps is better and more tube-like than the one before...

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Mike Eskimo, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I've played out with my Tone Master twice now. So far it has received nothing but complements if not down right raves from the other guitarists. Two of them have played it and stated they would not have known it was a modeler if they hadn't been told.

2. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

I’d bet this to be the case most of the time. I can definitely “feel” the difference in most cases but completely blind would be tough. Bet it would be the same for a non-wooden guitar. Lol. Seriously.

3. mgreene

mgreene Tele-Holic

I embrace this as fact - in a live mix, amps that dont sound good at home can be awesome. Back in the day I played several Dumbles that were unimpressive at low volume that would no doubt have sounded stellar at stage volume. OTOH, my Black Super Reverbs of old sounded GREAT at any volume.

Every one of my historical attempts to love a solid state amp had ended in the same way = love at first sight > a niggling feeling that something is wrong > finally hearing the harmonic deficiency, ie artificial sound compared to a real tube amp > not being able to unhear the "problem" thereafter > craigslist/tradein.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.