IEM Comparison Heaven

studio

Poster Extraordinaire
Dave Rat is a staple name here in L.A. sound circles.

I hope you find this interesting and informative. Thanks.

Rene Asologuitar

Tele-Meister
Wow studio!
This is really in-depth study of the "in-ear monitor" and its latency effects. One stop shop for this topic, really helpful.
And Dave Rat did exemplary on his presentation and expertise.
Thanks for sharing.
Rene

CapnCrunch

Friend of Leo's
Can someone give the Cliff Notes version? I don't have time to watch these right now :( I'm curious about the difference between $38 and $ 2,000 buds.

studio

Poster Extraordinaire
Can someone give the Cliff Notes version? I don't have time to watch these right now :( I'm curious about the difference between $38 and $ 2,000 buds.
Those videos are the condensed version. If you did this process yourself, it would take you several days and several thousands of dollars out of your budget. Thanks, and you're welcome!
😇

budglo

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
I use an amp and IEMs . I use the 100 dollar shures. Work great for what I need it for. I get trying to keep stage sound down by not using wedges. Not sure I get the need for a silent stage in live worship. It did take me a while to get used to IEMs though.

CapnCrunch

Friend of Leo's
Those videos are the condensed version. If you did this process yourself, it would take you several days and several thousands of dollars out of your budget. Thanks, and you're welcome!
😇
So, what you're saying is that the $38 buds are just as good as the $2k ones? Am I understanding that correctly? ;)

CapnCrunch

Friend of Leo's
IS THIS LOUD ENOUGH FOR YA?

I THINK YOU MIGHT BE NEEDING
THE $3000 DOLLAR IEM.
Sheesh, ya don't have to shout....

It doesn't matter anyway because I've gone beyond IEM's. I monitor myself and the other musicians on stage by ESP. It's not my fault that the other musicians can't read MY mind........o_O:lol:

studio

Poster Extraordinaire
Sheesh, ya don't have to shout....

It doesn't matter anyway because I've gone beyond IEM's. I monitor myself and the other musicians on stage by ESP. It's not my fault that the other musicians can't read MY mind........o_O:lol:
Are you sure yer not a drummer?

PastorJay

Friend of Leo's
AFter watching the first 3 videos, I'd say that the difference between the $300 and $2300 IEMs is mostly a matter of subjective preference between similar and certainly adequate monitors. I thought 5 of them (and not the 5 most expensive) did a decent job of accurately reproducing the source sound.

Will be interesting to watch the next videos and see what the other issues are. I am interested in latency effects, which didn't make much or any difference for purposes of seeing how well the source sound is reproduced.

studio

Poster Extraordinaire
AFter watching the first 3 videos, I'd say that the difference between the $300 and $2300 IEMs is mostly a matter of subjective preference between similar and certainly adequate monitors. I thought 5 of them (and not the 5 most expensive) did a decent job of accurately reproducing the source sound.

Will be interesting to watch the next videos and see what the other issues are. I am interested in latency effects, which didn't make much or any difference for purposes of seeing how well the source sound is reproduced.
I found that the experiment where the electronic sound reached your ear before the sound from your own voice
traveled to your ear was a fascinating concept!

The different latency issues all at play like kids on the playground!