1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Iditarod 2021

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by uriah1, Mar 6, 2021.

1. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

The race starts tomorrow. I am surprised this is not in the wide world of sports. Friend of family is racing again. Don’t think I could do it.

telestratosonic likes this.
  2. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

That race has gone to the Dogs.

telestratosonic and uriah1 like this.
  3. Shango66

Shango66 Friend of Leo's

I reckon you’d have to be Barking Mad.

Dereksys38 and uriah1 like this.
  4. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

I think it’s a great race that encompasses human and animal strengths and weaknesses.
    Unless I’m totally wrong these dogs live to run/race
    I knew a dude that raced in a few Iditarods. They never placed in the top 20 but it was a lifestyle he and the dogs embraced

5. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity

That would be on my list of dreams come true. Mentally I think I could do it and in my younger years I might have sustained. I have always looked up with admiration to all of those who participate.

6. dogmeat

dogmeat Friend of Leo's

they are running weirdo route this year to avoid the villages. the (ceremonial) start is usually in Anchorage but not this year. they start in Willow tomorrow (Sunday), run out to the ghost town of Flat and back. its about 850-900 miles.

the ghost towns of Iditarod and Flat are both on Otter Creek. the town of Iditarod was at the confluence with the Iditarod river & was the port when not frozen. Flat was higher dryer ground. population zero at this time

telestratosonic likes this.
  7. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

The warm up race here in Montana "Race to the Sky" was cancelled this year due to you know what.

A time honored tradition and I was a big fan, but I now question the ethics in this modern era. Not a simple call, but it is time to make it IMO.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.