Ideas on changing out “vintage six barrel saddles” for something else

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Fendarr, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Fendarr

Fendarr TDPRI Member

I was thinking about changing the bridge on my recently purchased Nashville tele but thought I might just change the saddles to see how that works at first.

I know they don’t have the mojo as the ol’ trusty 3 brass barrels, but I thought about trying the modern style (fender deluxe) type.

2. BryMelvin

BryMelvin Tele-Afflicted

depending on year of your nashville the new deluxe style bridge probably won't fit correctly with string ferrules etc.

Vintage 3 barrel size will likely work better (Ex. looking at a 2007 nashville it looks like you would need vintage dimensions of the bridge plate)

Check with a good aftermarket company for their recommendations.

Personally I have problems with 6 barrel bridges and light strings with rattle. I prefer 3 barrel with light strings.

6 barrels are fine on my 16-56 strings I use for slide playing.

Fendarr likes this.
  3. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Finally, a use for that 6 "hammer" saddle bridge I can 100% endorse. Those saddles won't be moving under a set of 15s or 16s. :^)

+

I'm confused by your assertion that newer Nashvilles cannot interchange bridges with the older ones. The only mismatch I know of is on the sub-model called the MIM Deluxe Nashville Power Tele - with the Fishman bridge. Those don't interchange with anything I know of.

4. ghostwolf

ghostwolf Tele-Holic

tamer_of_banthas likes this.
  5. BryMelvin

BryMelvin Tele-Afflicted

I don;t own one (my equivalent is a modded modern player) I looked up pics on internet ones for sale and found some with the shorter vintage shape bridge plate and 6 barrel saddles and some with longer USA six (strat) saddle type which are usually not interchangeable.

If the OP was changing from 6 barrel it was probably a short vintage length plate like I saw on a 2007 Nashville.

The deluxe 6 saddle isn;t going to fit I don't think.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019 at 6:46 PM
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.