1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

ID this Tele (1995)

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by dyl824, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dyl824

dyl824 TDPRI Member

Hey all,

So I bought this guitar over 10 years ago when I was in high school and haven’t really done much to it other than play it. I recently went to sell it and realized I didn’t even have a serial number for it and couldn’t really ID it at all. I have done some digging around on here and haven’t found enough info to work from. The serial on the body appears to be 18?54C and the back of the headstock has O. Pallares who was a custom shop guy from what I’ve read. So what do the people think? Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

It's a 1996 AVRI '52 Tele - based on the "50 Years of Fender" medallion on the back of the headstock as the date stamps on the neck and body are not legible. The serial number would have been stamped on the bridge plate of the original 3-saddle bridge. AVRI '52s shipped with that 6-saddle bridge in the case; the 6-saddle bridge plates don't have a number on them. I would imagine O. Pallares was on the production line back then prior to moving up to the Custom Shop.

Footsore likes this.
  3. dyl824

dyl824 TDPRI Member

That’s what I thought but the pickups do not seem to be like the 52s I have played in the past. I can read the date stamps on both the body and neck and they all are November of 1995. Also wondering what the number stamped on the body is then? Cause it doesn’t match up with the 52 numbers.

4. Tuxedo Poly

Tuxedo Poly Tele-Afflicted

18354 in the neck pocket is the Fender part number for the body, in Fenderspeak it's a '52 American Vintage Tele., Solid Paint

5. dyl824

dyl824 TDPRI Member

Gotcha, ok cool. Thanks guys! I guess I lucked out cause I only paid like $800 for it back in the day.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.