ID this pickup truck?

schmee

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I'm stumped. I dont think it's a Jeep, the old Jeeps had a split windshield , no rear roof overhang and no indent in the side for the spare tire. (although this bed could be custom)
316808131_10221648905227008_5535467503306233170_n.jpg

Milspec

Poster Extraordinaire
Roofline screams Plymouth/Dodge of the '40's. There is a recessed area on the bedside for the spare tire like a power wagon model and the bed looks very spartan like military issue or again the power wagon which was based on the military design.

schmee

Telefied
Ad Free Member
International
I checked out old Internationals on line, and they do have the non split windshield at least, but the fenders dont look right (not as squared off) I also looked for Diamond Reo, Buick, Dodge and more.
The roof on this one is exceptionally weird, kinda bulged up and overhanging the rear of the cab...

schmee

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Roofline screams Plymouth/Dodge of the '40's. There is a recessed area on the bedside for the spare tire like a power wagon model and the bed looks very spartan like military issue or again the power wagon which was based on the military design.
Yeah, It does reeek Powerwagon, but they seem to all be split windshield in the 30's and 40's

Milspec

Poster Extraordinaire
It has the Chrysler flathead motor so it must be a Chrysler product (Dodge, Desoto, Plymouth) which they also used in the military for a time.

Although this is a split windshield, but it would be the correct motor, fender profile, and the cooing vents of your mystery truck. I would wager it is a Desoto variant or military model.

Attachments

• 1942 desoto.jpg
    1942 desoto.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 2