Ibanez RG321MH

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by FingerMyFrets, Mar 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. FingerMyFrets

FingerMyFrets TDPRI Member

Hello fellow forum members!

I'm new around here and really getting into playing. I picked up a really well priced rg321mh and am wondering what the general consensus is on them. I'm trying to get into metal/hard rock.

Anything I should do upgrade wise? I'm comfortable soldering and doing basic wood work. I couldn't find much info on the guitar besides it being the earlier model before the rg421.

I know it has Ibanez infi pickups.

Thanks for any info or tips!

2. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

Welcome, Hard to go wrong with an RG and a fixed bridge should be problem free. Stock pickups are fine for rock.

I’d okay it for a good while before changing much,

I did rush and change the INF pickups in an older RG I picked up recently for some fancy Bare Knuckle bouqtiues, I think it made it worse and they are coming out soon. The INFs have quite a balanced, flat sound making them good for creamy high gain stuff. I do have a Seymour Duncan Full Shred going spare which people say is great in a Mahogany Ibanez to the too to liven it up.

If you did want to swap pickups something like Tonerider Generators would not break the bank.

If changing pots too, note the holes and pot shafts will likely be metric.

3. DugT

DugT Tele-Holic

I bought a used RG3EXFM1 for $100 and I am really impressed with the quality of the guitar. I don't play metal but I like the big neck. I replaced the high output pickups with 8k ohm single coil P90ish humbucker size pickups with Alnico 2 magnets and now it is my favorite guitar. The pickups were cheap ones from China through Ebay and they look and sound great as long as I play the right notes. :)

4. DugT

DugT Tele-Holic

Do you know when it was made? It doesn't matter much but it is easy to figure out from its serial number.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.