Ibanez RG 470, Jackson DK2 Japan, or EVH Wolfgang China

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Crowcaster, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Crowcaster

Crowcaster Tele-Holic

Decisions, decisions....

I've been gassing for a floyd guitar for awhile and there are some local Craigslist/Pawn shop/FB Marketplace I've been watching for some time. I'm going to where they're at this week and we'll see if I come home with one, but I figured I'd ask here for some advice, because I don't know much detail about the exact models.

Ibanez RG 470....Made in Indonesia. Probably not original humbuckers and the place looked like it was closing or moving a couple weeks ago, so if it's still there, I might throw an off of $150.

Thanks for any input,

IMG_1123.jpg
    Jackson DK2 Japan with Jackson case. This one's been online for weeks at $300, but I haven't played it and there doesn't appear to be any markings on the back of the headstock, but he thinks it's from 2009 and made in Japan. Leaning towards this one cause every so often I get obsessed with Metallica for a bit!

IMG_20FF3F9B9011-1.jpeg

Finally a used 2012 EVH Wolfgang Special (I thought they were made in Japan, but this one is China) comes with a case....asking $700

Snapchat-1972608845.jpg

shupe13 likes this.
  2. Dismalhead

Dismalhead Poster Extraordinaire

I vote the MIJ Jackson. Should be a good guitar.

3. mkdaws32

mkdaws32 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Second vote for the DK2 - hands down. Can never go wrong with MIJ Jackson. I like wolfgangs, but and MIJ Jackson at that price is a grab, as long as the neck is straight and truss rod is working

4. Toadtele

Toadtele Tele-Afflicted

Jackson. No doubt

5. Crowcaster

Crowcaster Tele-Holic

Thanks for the votes....if anyone knows alot about Jackson's, one question I have is that from what I've found, DK2's have the SSH, but this one has two EMG's. Just would like to make sure of the model.

IMG_D9FE84CAB39B-1.jpeg
    IMG_6429DB994686-1.jpeg

6. Razzle

Razzle Tele-Meister

I've had/have all of those.

That doesn't look like an RG470, I don't think RG470's have sharktooth inlays. It might be. But I think that's a nicer guitar than an RG470.

For me, the Ibanez necks are a bit too wide for as thin as they are, I never really bonded with the Ibbys. That one is nice, very nice trans purple. If you like ibby necks then that guitar is great.

I've never bonded with Jackson necks, I just don't like jumbo frets. There are a TON of Jackson's out there, nice ones too, they're well made I just can't play 'em.

I have an EVH Wolfgang special and I absolutely LOVE the neck. It's almost the same and as nice as my EBMM Axis guitars, and I believe mine is made in China too. That one has a really nice quilt top.

Good luck!

Crowcaster likes this.
  7. Mad Kiwi

Mad Kiwi Friend of Leo's

Agree, that RG470 looks like no other 470 I've ever seen.

An RG470 is / was my first and only guitar for many years. IMO the neck is wrong, the pickups definately wrong (centre one could be right) and I dont think the bridge is anywhere near right either.

I stand to be corrected but would avoid that guitar whatever the price personally.

8. Crowcaster

Crowcaster Tele-Holic

9. Crowcaster

Crowcaster Tele-Holic

10. Deepblankspace

Deepblankspace TDPRI Member

There are a couple dk models
    The dkmg i beleive came with emgs, and there was the dkxg or mx or something that had emgs also

I have a dkmg body somewhere

11. Mad Kiwi

Mad Kiwi Friend of Leo's

Well I stand corrected!!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.