Ibanez GAX70 question

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Mr Perch, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Mr Perch

Mr Perch Tele-Afflicted

I see one advertised on Craig's List by a pawn shop. It has been upgraded (I assume) with EMG pickups. My question is about the "Studio" model -- what makes that different than the regular workhorse guitar?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. FenderGyrl

FenderGyrl Friend of Leo's

I'm not sure that is an Ibanez truss rod cover...looks like an Epiphone part.

3. Mr Perch

Mr Perch Tele-Afflicted

As it turns out, I bought it. It doesn't play as well as my beloved AM73b, but I plan to tune it to a chord and use it for slide.

FenderGyrl likes this.
  4. Martinp

Martinp Tele-Afflicted

The Gax was a decent low cost guitar. Back when I worked at Sam Ash, it was one of the few $120 guitars that wasn't gonna come back. Ibanez always works.
    never have seen a "Studio" model though.

5. aging_rocker

aging_rocker Tele-Meister

I've got an old Gax, got it as a bag of bits. Tried my hand at fret levelling & dressing on it. Came out better than before I started :) Plays pretty good but it's a wreck.. I stuck some Chinese p90's in it, sounds nice!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.