Ian Anderson

teleman1

Friend of Leo's
I saw Tull first in 69, follow by Jimi. But if you watch any of the shows on youtube. You mgiht understan that when i say I have seen a heck of a lot of classic shows. WEll, Tull is probably in my Top Ten.Others with that/my distinction of top ten would be, Ziggy Stardust, Steely Dan,THe WHO, Rory Gallagher, The Kinks, ThE TUbes, Jeff Beck, Albert King & QUeen.<< I have seen great shows but these artists, including Ian Anderson are right there. THere are artists I like more, but when I saw these shows, walking away throughly pleased. Isn't that what it should all be about?

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I first saw them for the benifit tour and was blown away by his stage presence . I followed them religiously up till the passion play era , I even saw the tour with Yes' first N/A tour with JT one of the absolute best concerts ever Yes came out for 4 encores and JT came out for 6 , what a night.

so I immediately went and bought an artley flute and learned many of Ians tricks , and songs , I loved every thing they did .

never enough kudos for this band , ( but I have to say them getting the award for best heavey metal band was a joke )

StoneH

Tele-Holic
Gold Supporter
I’m a fan!

+1
upload_2021-11-26_15-24-7.png

StoneH

Tele-Holic
Gold Supporter
I was in my Jr College student center when I heard a guy quoting Jethro Tull lyrics. I asked him if he could sing (yes), play an instrument (flute and a little acoustic). A few months later, a quarter of our act was JT covers. Dave sounded just like Ian Anderson. The flute was close enough. Dave strummed and I played the hard parts.

upload_2021-11-26_15-48-17.png

jguitarman

Tele-Afflicted
Right out of high school I lived and played with two other guys and we played JT and Traffic, and Beatles almost exclusively. We did almost all of Thick as a Brick and part of Passion Play plus their earlier songs. That was one of the highlights of my life. JT is one of my favorite bands.
BTW, I never knew Martin Barre played flute. That was cool.
Thanks for posting!