I wrote a country rock song in the vein of Sheryl Crow's "If it makes you happy"

Blazer

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member

I love the song “if it makes you happy” by Sheryl Crow and I wanted to write something in that vein.
So I got out my 1987 Vester Telecaster copy since that one has that country rock sound, dialled up a shuffle on my trusty keyboard and set to work. Further instruments used were my self-made Bass which has a Fender 51 p-Bass single coil pickup, it's the perfect recording bass. And the solos were done on my "Boardcaster" self-made guitar.
Lyric-wise, this song is very personal, but I'll keep it at that.

I hope you guys dig it.

Tenderfoot

Tele-Afflicted
Seems to be a connection problem, get a about blank webpage and continuous loading but no soundcloud.com. This is true for both Wouter Jaegers and the Soundcloud.com link.

Tenderfoot

Tele-Afflicted
Seems to be a connection problem, get a about blank webpage and continuous loading but no soundcloud.com. This is true for both Wouter Jaegers and the Soundcloud.com link.
Link finally working for me and liked the song:) Agree with RodeoTex that its got a Byrds sound (a group I have liked since the 60's).

Toadtele

Friend of Leo's
That was awesome! I loved it. I didn’t catch the country vibe either but bravo man. Well done. The solo was perfect for the song too.
Thanks for sharing.

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
I like the sounds used and chord progression a lot; I hear a Byrds vibe too. The guitar tones and the whammy manipulation in the solo, and to some extent the vocal harmonies, makes me think of David Gilmour a little as well. Cool!