I wonder why I got so many bad responses about my opinion on Marvel's Warmachine

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Blazer, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Okay I need to explain this. In "Iron man 2" Iron man's right hand Warmachine appears.
    [​IMG]

Now in the first "Iron man" movie when Iron man makes his first appearence they had Black Sabbath's "Iron man" playing in the background. That made for a good solid statement: Here's Iron man kicking butt while that pounding riff from Sabbath's classic is playing.

In this new movie, the production office had AC/DC come up with a song for Warmachine's first appearence. That song called "Warmachine" is a good solid rocker, nothing wrong with it.

But as good as it is, my opinion is that if they went with the song "Warmachine" of Kiss they would have had a much more fitting song, since "Warmachine" is a very similar song to "Iron Man" they both have those powerful pounding drums and that huge riff. Imagine Warmachine coming up on the screen and you'll hear THIS...

But everybody who I talked with about this dissagrees, they say I'm only thinking that way because of me being a Kiss fan and that Kiss can never be as cool as AC/DC. That was never my point, but for some reason people won't even listen to Kiss' "Warmachine" to check for themselves if I'm right about what point I'm trying to make.

So what are you guys thinking? Do I have a valid point with Kiss' "Warmachine" being a similar song to "Iron man" and thus making a better fitting song for the introduction scene for Warmachine or are you guys gonna say what everybody else has been telling me, that AC/DC is a much better band and that I should not push forwards my "alltime favorite band"

2. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

kiss prolly wanted too much money for the song to be in the moobie

3. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

And that was yet another of those degrading comments I got on the point I was trying to make.

I don't know if the producers got in contact with Kiss on the use of this song, neither do those naysayers. And even if they had Gene Simmons who's a big comic book fan probably would have given them the rights for a small fee.

BUT THAT IS NOT WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY HERE, BRAD PITTIFUL, DID YOU EVEN LISTEN TO THE SONGS BEFORE YOU POSTED A REPLY?
    :mad:

4. Tim Armstrong

Tim Armstrong Super Moderator Ad Free Member

You're talking about prefering one song to another, Brad is talking about the business of movie soundtracks.

One has practically nothing to do with another!

Tim

5. Agave_Blue

Agave_Blue Friend of Leo's

The Kiss tune is more of a similar sound/vibe to BS Iron Man.

But, if there was an ulterior motive and it was money, then Brad's thinking is probably on track.

6. J-man

J-man Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    You care about this why?

7. RomanS

RomanS Poster Extraordinaire

You're kidding, right? The greediest man in show biz - for a small fee??? Gene Simmons would sell his boogers if people paid him (and I'm not even sure he didn't already...)

8. kidmo

kidmo Friend of Leo's

I listened to it, tho I am not a KISS fan, and I agree with you. But since you don't know the reason why the ACDC song was chosen, it is just speculation, which was what Brad was doing. I don't think it was a degrading comment at all. I'm not sure what the point of your post is, but if you want to make a statement, then fine, just don't expect to force folks to accept your view.

9. aln413

aln413 Tele-Meister

I think they shoulda used the Kiss version. :)

10. WickedGTR

WickedGTR Friend of Leo's

These decisions get made by the music supervisor, producer and director. Sometimes they are artistic decisions, and sometimes they are business decisions, and usually they are both.

AC/DC doesn't license a lot of stuff and isn't inexpensive, but possibly may have made a deal to promote a current release.

Maybe they wanted a song that wasn't similar to the Iron Man theme for contrast. Maybe they never heard the Kiss Song. Maybe they don't like Kiss. Maybe they thought it would help sell the soundtrack CD. Maybe one deal was better.

We'll likely never know.

11. BritishBluesBoy

BritishBluesBoy Former Member

It's clearly because ACDC kick arse and Kiss, ummm, well, they just don't.

(joke!)

12. beep.click

beep.click Poster Extraordinaire

Well, yeah, DUH: Kiss can never be as cool as AC/DC.

And, therefore -- don't need to listen to Kiss' "Warmachine," because it could never be as cool as any AC/DC song.

Seems obvious to me!

P.S. Just kidding here, folks....

13. tgfmike

tgfmike Telefied Ad Free Member

I think nobody likes Gene Simmons. MO

14. Donnie55

Donnie55 Tele-Afflicted

I do , I think hes the marketing master of all time. The man could sell boob jobs to nuns..........

15. ibobunot

ibobunot Poster Extraordinaire

Before Kiss came along people went to a concert to watch musicians playing music. Hard to believe I know but it's true.

After Kiss it's been vaudevillian circus acts with pyrotechnics.

Not that this has anything to do with comics but you asked "why the bad responses"... :D

16. Donnie55

Donnie55 Tele-Afflicted

I dont know ,, I remember a guy named Little Richard. Pretty much the freak show of his time . Long before Kiss..

17. Strat62

Strat62 Friend of Leo's

People who don't like Kiss aren't likely to accept your point of view. Why would you expect or want them to? Why be upset about something like this?:confused:

18. tgfmike

tgfmike Telefied Ad Free Member

OK, I exaggerated when I said nobody.

19. Agave_Blue

Agave_Blue Friend of Leo's

:rofl:

:rolleyes:

Right. Kiss was was the first Rock & Roll "circus act".

Iggy Pop, Alice Cooper, David Bowie, T-Rex, etc, not withstanding.

20. P-Zilla

P-Zilla Tele-Afflicted

KISS Sucks!

(joke!)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.