I will never buy an Orangewood guitar

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by LGOberean, Aug 10, 2019.

1. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

I've never played one. I've never seen one in person. I've never even heard one on YouTube. But I'll never buy one.

And no, it's not just that it's a California company. It's their pop-up ads. :mad:

Every time I load a new page, here on TDPRI and elsewhere, I get at least one, usually two pop-up ads for them. Even three pop-ups, quite a few times. Non-stop. Every new page. All the time. It's been a non-stop advertising blitz for days now, to the point that I loathe the very sight of the ads.

And they're not bad looking guitars. But the inundation of advertising has succeeded only in making me detest the very sight of their advertising. That feeling will now forever be associated with that brand.

Okay, rant over...unless y'all are of a mind to stoke the fires with further discussion. :twisted:

2. DrPepper

DrPepper Friend of Leo's

California importer, not builder...

3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I don't wan no stinkin' orangewood guitar neither! Guapo what is orangewood?

verb boten and nojazzhere like this.
  4. LGOberean

Right. That's why I chose the term "company," not "builder."

DrPepper and nojazzhere like this.
  5. Toadtele

Toadtele Tele-Afflicted

I’ve never heard of them. But I agree that advertising can turn you off to a company.

6. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Friend of Leo's

Never seen one?

7. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Yep, I tend to cross companies off my list if I get too many popups about them. I have popup blockers but they still get through.

I just looked and the site says they are in Orange, California. That's the city I work in, I have not seen their merch anywhere. They are a direct mail company.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    LGOberean likes this.
  8. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

But Guapo is obvious that if you buy a Collins instead of an Orangewood guitar, you will be so poor, you cannot afford a decent pair of pants.

9. SacDAve

SacDAve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I'll bet it's the same manufacture as the world renowned ESTEBAN

String Tree, nojazzhere and LGOberean like this.
  10. muscmp

muscmp Tele-Afflicted

you need an adblocker. i don't think i've ever even heard of them much less seen their ads. i use ublock origin as my ad blocker.

play music!

11. jrblue

jrblue Tele-Afflicted

I'm afraid to post since I don't get those popups... yet. When companies do saturation advertising, you know how they invest their resources. Crappier wood... but more ads!

8barlouie and LGOberean like this.
  12. LGOberean

A few days ago, I hadn't heard of them, either. I didn't click on the ad, but I did a Google search on the brand name. Then the deluge began. I tried alternate searches. Martin Guitars. I own a couple of Breedloves, so I did a search of them as well, reacquainted myself with the 2019 line.

No good. No ads for either one of those respected brands, just Orangewood overload.

And the day before the offending Orangewood campaign began, I had done searches for SUVs for towing our newly acquired trailer. (I have an SUV now, GMC's Envoy, but it's a 2006, so I'm looking ahead to my next one.) Now I get an occasional pop-up for different brands of SUVs/Crossovers, but nothing like the blitzkrieg mounted by the California importer.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    dented likes this.
  13. LGOberean

I haven't subscribed to any pop-up blocker service/software/whatever. Maybe I should consider it. Thanks for the tip.

nojazzhere likes this.
  14. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

I will NEVER do business with Liberty Mutual Insurance! (ok, I know I should NEVER say never) Their TV ads are so insulting to my (and everyone else's) intelligence that when one comes on, I just go ballistic.
    "You had a minor accident....no big deal, right?".....YES....it IS a big deal to the person you carelessly hit and caused a bunch of grief and inconvenience with your impatience.
    Yeah, I'm probably making too much out of this.....but I WILL NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.....;)

Dave W, 8barlouie and LGOberean like this.
  15. LGOberean

Well, I certainly can sympathize with the feeling. In the case of LMI, it seems to be the ad content to which you object. In my case, it wasn't the content that was objectionable (as if guitars as a subject matter could ever be objectionable to me), it was the sheer volume of ads.

nojazzhere likes this.
  16. rangercaster

rangercaster Poster Extraordinaire

I would never rule out buying a good product because of their annoying marketing methods ... Nor would I buy any product based on it's marketing ... Caveat Emptor ...

17. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

I understand the distinction....but it still comes down to the COMPANY who is responsible for the ads.....whether it's the ad's content or sheer volume.
    BTW.....I don't get the Orangewood ads. Don't know if I've got an "ad blocker" or not. I DO like orange guitars, though. ;)

18. PlainAllman

PlainAllman Tele-Holic

Are they Orangewood because they’re from Orange and they’re made of wood or because they're made from the wood of Orange trees or did they just believe the name sounded more artistic?

19. Shuster

Shuster Poster Extraordinaire

I have that same problem with "that" Insurance Company and FLO,,,:confused::confused:

nojazzhere likes this.
  20. verb boten

verb boten Tele-Holic

I apply the same principle to tv ads; when i get thoroughly sick and tired of the ad (once or twice at every commercial break), i will never buy that product. AAG? Fuggetaboutit.
    :mad:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.