1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

I Went Crazy Today And Did Some Insane Things

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by unixfish, Jan 12, 2021.

1. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Here they are, in order. I bolded, italicized, and underlined the insane / crazy things.
    • Packed up the car to take my son back to school.
    • I put on pants. No shorts. That was a big sacrifice for me.
    • I drove my car out of town, and got on the highway. I headed for Kent.
    • I stopped and bought DQ for the Boy and dinner for me. I spent money.
    • Dropped off The Boy, packed the boxes and bags back in my car, and headed home.
    • I stopped at a guitar store to browse. I did not touch anything, but I looked at a whole bunch of Teles, and some Fender and Dr. Z amps. Woodsy's in Kent has some nice stuff in stock, including a blonde and black ToneMaster Deluxe Reverb.
    • On the way home, I bought a tank of gas. I went in and got injector cleaner, since I don't think I had filled my tank since November. Good to keep things opened up.
    • I drove back home, and came here to say I survived the craziness. Highways were moving quickly tonight, since there is so much less traffic.
    I dumped $35 into the economy tonight. Well, we still grocery shop, and we did on-line holidays, but it is rare I go farther than a few miles into town to pick up carry-out or grocery shop. This was just insanity. Insanity, I tell you, insanity!

Even I have been feeling a bit cooped up recently. We are now down to three people at home, so it's not bad. However, I start work at 07:00 and work until 16:00 or 17:00. My daughter often starts at 12:00 and works until 21:00. My wife laments there is no time she can play music or sweep or do much of anything. She's right; I feel the same way about playing guitar. My wife is often asleep before my daughter is done with work.

Crazy, right? But are you jealous? :D

2. Fretting out

Fretting out Poster Extraordinaire

That’s a good trip

I never go out and decided to today

I got myself a new weight bench and then took the last two hours assembling it

No guitars

Other than the occasional groceries I never really go out , haven’t for a while

SRHmusic and unixfish like this.
  3. unixfish

That has been me as well. We've been lucky during this health crisis; none of our jobs have been affected, and we are saving a ton of money by never leaving the house or doing anything. I know others have not been as lucky, so when we do stop for carry out or whatever, I've been leaving large tips even for carry out.

4. fozhebert

fozhebert Tele-Meister

I feel blessed to live in a province that still functions normally, for the most part, compared to a lot of places.

Kudos to all health professionals, front line service workers and head medical people at the provinncial and federal levels. All the sacrifices are appreciated infinitely.

5. hdvades

hdvades Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

What's with the 24hr military/European time thing? That's what I need to know lol. Also...you need to get out more often. I would have come home with the TM DR if it was me. I acquired a redstripe bandit the other day. It weights 43 pounds. My back is still sore from carrying it up and down a bunch of steps, into the car, out of the car etc.
    It gets cold around here so everybody wears pants...even long johns and flannel shirts. You'll be okay. Peace!

unixfish likes this.
  6. TwoBear

TwoBear Tele-Holic

You browsed!?

If you browse more than twice you're playing it!

7. Fretting out

Fretting out Poster Extraordinaire

I’m not really a people person so even before the catastrophe I wasn’t really going out

All the restaurants I used to go to are closed for good but there’s a couple I’d like to patronize when stuff cools down

TwoBear and unixfish like this.
  8. unixfish

I just spit little pieces of almond into my monitor I was laughing so hard!

9. unixfish

Ditto. I can go out and talk with people, but it's "work" for me. Not that I don't enjoy it; it just does not come naturally. I do well enough in small groups though.

TwoBear likes this.
  10. unixfish

I work in IT. When you are sorting date-time strings, I make sure they are YYYY-MM-DD HH24:mm:ss, so they just sort like any other string.

Try sorting time in "regular format". 12:00 AM < 12:30 AM < 1:00 AM < ... < 11:30 AM < 12:00 PM < 12:30 PM < 1:00 PM < ...

All those special cases for AM and PM and starting at 12 then going to 1 is just, well, stupid. Military time / 24 hour clock just makes sense.

And while we are at it, why are there 24 hours in a day? Why not 10? Or 100? And why are there 12 inches in a foot? And 16 ounces to a pound? And 128 ounces in a gallon? And...

Now you've done it - you got me started.

tintag27, AAT65, aging_rocker and 3 others like this.
  11. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

You're getting close to the metric system, there. Careful, that's a banning.

12. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

I live by the julian day. it makes my time on earth 'feel' unique.

tintag27 and unixfish like this.
  13. unixfish

I wrote to my congressman when I was 8 asking why the US / Michigan had not converted to the metric system. I got a form letter back, thanking me for reaching out, but no real answer.

I guess they did not see the brilliance of my request. :D

goonie and SRHmusic like this.
  14. unixfish

And while we are at it, a week should be 10 days; work 3, get 1 off, work 4, get 2 off. We would only get 2% less pay per year, but more breaks.

And there should be 10 months in a year, each with 36 or 37 days.

And 10 hour days, each with 10 minutes, and...

Now I'm off my rocker.

15. unixfish

So today is 2021012. Wait, wrong calendar.

Right now is 1610498500. I use epoch time a lot too. But this 86400 seconds in a day; we should redefine the second so there is 100,000. Right?

16. Torren61

Torren61 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

These things were so crazy, I had to turn away.

TwoBear and unixfish like this.
  17. unixfish

Oh. That was your backside I saw. That explains a lot. :lol::lol::lol:

39martind18 and TwoBear like this.
  18. unixfish

I forgot to mention in my original post that I listened to some Satriani in the car. It has been a while! The end of Flying In A Blue Dream, Surfing With The Alien, then the beginning of The Extremist.

19. SRHmusic

SRHmusic Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

For a long time I had a metric conversion "calculator" (printed in color on cardstock with a sliding center piece) given to us in the year the US was going to start converting everything to metric. 1976.

unixfish likes this.
  20. jimd

jimd Friend of Leo's

You are way ahead of me. The number of times I have worn long pants in the past 10 months is very low.

Woodsys is a nice place. It’s pretty far for me, but I’ve stopped in when in the area. I did buy an acoustic there many years ago. Their high end acoustics are upstairs and you have to ask. Not ideal, but they are very nice in there.

The big effort had to be the college move in. Back in my day it was a royal pain. Although I guess kids these days don’t have a big crate of vinyl albums to schlep around.

unixfish likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.