I was stuck behind the coolest car ever last week

CharlieO

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
I got to go inside one of those at a trade event. They have a small fleet. There were 2 college interns. What a cool internship that would be.

It would be fun to drive it on vacation.
I think that someone should sue Oscar Mayer for age discrimination. I have always thought that driving a Wienermobile around the country would be a perfect job for me when I retire. It appears that they only hire recent college graduates for the job.

Last edited:

ale.istotle

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
I think that someone should sue Oscar Mayer for age discrimination. I have always thought that driving a Weinermobile around the country would be a perfect job for me when I retire. It appears that they only hire recent college graduates for the job.
My parents knew the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile driver from the 60's in Philly. They didn't know his name - just called him Oscar. Ran into him in Walt Disney World in the 70's. His retirement gig was at the Oscar Meyer restaurant on Main Street. (Which is no more.)

Bob Womack

Friend of Leo's
MINI Wienermobile.

Shutterstock_930071e.jpg

Bob

trapdoor2

Friend of Leo's
I remember the weinermobile showing up at a nearby shopping center in the 60s. The next day at school, our teacher asked us if we saw it. Then she said, "raise your hand if you got a weiner-whistle!"

We all did...and she made us hand them over. Got them back at the end of the day.

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Thanks OP I was trying to figure out what to have for lunch today. Have seen one around Houston over the years. I wonder how many and what their routes are. They seem to show up at odd places like running around neighborhoods.

Killing Floor

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I think that someone should sue Oscar Mayer for age discrimination. I have always thought that driving a Wienermobile around the country would be a perfect job for me when I retire. It appears that they only hire recent college graduates for the job.
The time I got to go it it they were still undergrads. I asked if anyone could ride in it, of course. Heck, I’d sleep in it if I had a chance. What a fun job for a few months.

bottlenecker

Poster Extraordinaire
I was on the way to see a friend's band play on Wed night, and on John Nolan Dr I was stuck driving behind this
View attachment 1033238

the vanity plate read RELISH ME

It's not exactly unusual to spot these things around here, but it's always a bit surreal

I used to see them all the time before a certain illinois ownership moved everything away. There used to be a row of them frequently parked in the OM lot.

Recce

Poster Extraordinaire
There’s one of the WienerMobiles at Greenfield Village, the museum and little throwback town full of historical buildings that Henry Ford built/assembled.

Because I was a stay at home dad I took my son there at least once a week sometimes twice a week because it’s 20 minutes away from me and grandpa always bought us a year pass.

We had seen that Wiener Mobile 40 times and then in the store my son recognized Oscar Meyer wieners and said - let’s buy those that’s the wiener Mobile brand !

He barely got through one hotdog.

And he liked hotdogs.

I remember his face and him saying , dad they taste like clay ! 🤢😖🤣😂
Uh-hum. I prefer Ballpark. I think they taste better.

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I know one of the mods here was going on about Johnsonville.
I can't say, I've only had their brats.
Hebrew National are good, though
Really I can buy the cheap 88 cent package of hotdog-shaped floor sweepins, squeeze this on it, and I'm good
1664206732247.png

Last edited:

bottlenecker

Poster Extraordinaire
I know one of the mods here was going on about Johnsonville.
I can't say, I've only had their brats.
Hebrew National are good, though
Really I can buy the cheap 88 cent package of hotdog-shaped floor sweepins, squeeze this on it, and I'm good
View attachment 1033315

No johnsonvills for me. Klements for brats. Vienna beef or nathan's famous for dogs. I love chicago dogs.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
No matter what you may think, you have no idea what goes into ANY commercially made hot dog wiener. You can bet your sweet bippy they don't throw ANYTHING away when they're making them. I used to see one of those wiener mobiles around town here many years ago, it was in pretty poor repair. The one BT posted looks pretty cool!