"I want to sleep with you in the dessert tonight"

RetiredUnit1

Tele-Holic
I always thought he meant to say, "warm smell of colitis rising up through the air..."
Because dark desert highways don't have rest stops and his head growing heavy and his dimming sight meant he was possibly coming down with the flu or something and really needed to stop for the night. It all fits...Henley just sh--- uh, soiled himself in his car. He even made reference to it in an old RS interview while his bandmates called him "Don Guano".
The whole song is about drug use and addiction in the parties of the rich and famous in California. It was on an Eagles special I watched. The Don himself had those very words leave his lips.

My wife KNEW the band and Jackson Brown who also lived and hung out at the same apartment. She and her sister were known as 'the cake sisters' because my wife Kim would bake carrot cake and bring it to the get togethers.... When she told me that I said "you sure it wasn't the coke sisters?"

And oddly enough, before he was famous Jackson asked my sister out. His mom was her high school english teacher. She turned him down, lol. My sister, not his mom....

The lovely Kimberly my wife, RIP

Kim and powder in hallway 1979.jpg

wabashslim

Friend of Leo's
The whole song is about drug use and addiction in the parties of the rich and famous in California. It was on an Eagles special I watched. The Don himself had those very words leave his lips.
Of course he's going to say that, a pretty much generic & expected answer. You don't think the great Don Henley is going to announce the most famous song of the decade was about him loading his pants, do you? 🤧