I...want...no...friends...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by chet again, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I...don’t...have...a...Facebook...account...

MarkieMark likes this.
  2. chet again

chet again Tele-Afflicted

C'mon, man!

3. stevemc

stevemc Tele-Holic

same as it ever was.old people have always been sure the world is going to hell.i don't buy it.in general for most people things are better today than ever.

John Backlund and 8barlouie like this.
  4. electrichead

electrichead TDPRI Member

I post maybe once a year on Facebook and its a bunch of political mumbo jumbo which makes all my friends and family think I have gone off the deep end..

Then I wait maybe another year to see what the responses were and do it all over again..

Deathray likes this.
  5. chet again

I used to get "Friend" requests from guys with middle eastern names. I thought they could be terrorists for all I knew.

6. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

never even seen a face book page , I guess I am not missing much .......
    just as I suspected

Deathray and Obsessed like this.
  7. DekeDog

DekeDog Tele-Meister

Ah... the book of faces. I use Gomez Addams'.

Dan German likes this.
  8. aeyeq

aeyeq TDPRI Member

Around here fairly required if you are trying to work a band.

I am not but I do check the music events.

kookaburra likes this.
  9. Dan German

Dan German Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I am on the facebook, but I do not use my actual name, and my settings require that someone be a friend of a friend to even send me a request. I don't know why more people don't do that. I have had people at work figure out my alias and try to friend me, to no avail. And that's why. My employer's name is never connected with me online, even under an alias. If I hit 100 friends, I separate the chaff. That's a handy maximum. Most of my family is "unfollowed" and only remains on my friends list because it's easier than getting in a fight about it.

kookaburra likes this.
  10. 8barlouie

8barlouie Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

This big old world has swallowed up countless civilizations, and it’s gonna swallow up this one, too. That’s just a cold hard fact. The wise person takes account of that things in life that are truly important and disregards the hype.

Deathray, Greggorios and Obsessed like this.
  11. John Backlund

John Backlund Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I'm on Facebook primarily because of my guitars, so it's pretty self-serving in that way for me, and of course, because of my obvious 'Backlund' guitar connection, I've accumulated quite a few....ummm...'friends'. I must admit, however, it was kind of neat to get 'Happy Birthday' wishes from a fan in Moscow, Russia, and a few from the UK this morning. I don't post anything political or religious on Facebook, and when any of my 'freinds' start loading up my timeline with their religious or political claptrap from any side or direction, they're dumped 'toot-sweet'.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  12. 8barlouie

8barlouie Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Every friend I have with a Middle Eastern name is an honest, hard-working, generous, family oriented person.

Omiewise65, Dan German, ozcal and 3 others like this.
  13. jhundt

jhundt Doctor of Teleocity

maybe we should change the name of the TDPRI to "the anti Facebook forum".

It's OK for out-of-date out-of-place old men to hate everything they don't understand. I get that.

But why do they have to go on and on and on about it? They just never shut up. Day after day, week after week, month after month...

If you don't like Facebook - don't use it. Finished. Done. It's as easy as that. Now just stop talking about it, OK?

corliss1 and william tele like this.
  14. teleman1

teleman1 Tele-Afflicted

Facebook has largely led the decay of our society. It is false value. I feel very sorry for people who live on it. And I feel sorry for the people who are now exposed to every mothers sons desire to sell you something. Real Estate for instance is one of the heaviest investments we make. Yet people use Realtors referred by the folks there. Sorta like asking your nurse questions that you should be asking your doctor. I think Facebook was what the band Devo were alluding to and now it swallowed the world.

Deathray likes this.
  15. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Friend of Leo's

16. Bergy

Bergy Tele-Holic

Waaaiit a second, Chet...sounds a bit like that reverse psychology stuff to me. I suppose yer gonna say you don't want a hug now, too?! Hold on Chet! Gimme 5 minutes to make an account and stalk you down like a virtual rabbit, friend! =)

17. teleman1

teleman1 Tele-Afflicted

Facebook is more like the plague than your definition. Eradication is a word to use for its future. You drank the koolaide, I can tell by your observations.

18. Robert H.

Robert H. Friend of Leo's

I get the many criticisms of FB --- the incredible misinformation, deception and manipulation of others to name a few. But I moved from NYC to California decades ago, and FB has reunited me with friends and family long left behind. I keep up with my kids, nieces, nephews, friends, former coworkers through FB in a way that wasn't possible years ago. We share political and music content, stories, life events, humor etc. It's enriched my life...as long as I can avoid the Russian bots and other hate mongers.

19. teleman1

teleman1 Tele-Afflicted

I wish I'd seen your post before I wrote mine. You hit the nail on the head. Yet, it will be a combination of things like facebook. Right now we are ripe for succumbing to propaganda. It is like the populace is set up to observe and adopt Bull sheet into our life;eliminating logic. That scares me big time. People using illogic as logic. Really sad.

Deathray and Obsessed like this.
  20. chet again

I don't hate FB by any means. I just don't trust anyone I can't meet face to face and hang out with or work with for any length of time.

Some people seem to be addicted to it. Maybe that's what most of them are staring at on their I-phones.

Whatever floats yer boat is what I say...

Deathray likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.