I Want My Money Back... Game of Thrones Spoiler Alert

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Torren61, May 20, 2019.

1. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

I'm a bit sad that it's over because I enjoyed the show, but I haven't had the same joy of watching it since they left Martin's published material behind, which really only exposed the limitations of the people who create the show.

But I find it strange to feel ownership over and have expectations for entertainment. It is what it is, take it or leave it, move on to the next one. If you don't like it, don't watch/listen/read whatever. You'll find a better one if you quit this one and move on to another.

Or, you could just not have expectations and ownership of material that you have nothing to do with.

SpaceMonkey, middy and Torren61 like this.
  2. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

Either you end the series or the series ends... they decided to end the series.

Bran provided the insight needed to defeat the king of the dead and to give the 'confidence' needed that things would turn out.

Ned Stark was a great man and a good man. It is kind of a positive outcome that his children and 'bastid' son all did okay and made it through.

As they said on the episode, there is always a use for a 'french foreign legion' and the interaction between 'civilization' and the wildlings will still require management.

Dragons are fictional beasts. They are not reptiles nor mammals. They are clearly intelligent, understand language, commands and have independent thought and are not like some trained alligator...

They can do and see and behave in a way that the writers want so long as they are consistent. They saw Dany as their mother... and they knew that her prize was the iron throne... they did not kill john because he had the right blood to mean he was off limits....

Just as grey worm understood john wasnt a simple prisoner or someone who he could simply dispatch (like Circe's soldiers)

3. Torren61

Torren61 Tele-Afflicted

THAT'S your contribution? Well, aren't you smarter than everyone.

4. Torren61

Torren61 Tele-Afflicted

I was GONNA get a Tele but I played one at GC for thirty seconds and decided I didn't like it. That's why I came to the Tele forum, so I could say that. Just sayin'. Lol. Geeez.

5. rad1

rad1 Tele-Afflicted

Who cares where each character ended up, did any of you really find the final episode entertaining, riveting, or at least mildly attention getting. Piss poor writing, almost no action, and dialogue we have all heard before.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    audiopablo and cyclopean like this.
  6. backporchmusic

Much of this thread (and so many other places on the internet this morning) sounds like a bunch of nine-year-olds who didn't get what they wanted for Christmas.

Boubou, Telemarx, P-Nutz and 5 others like this.
  7. Torren61

Torren61 Tele-Afflicted

*facepalm*

nojazzhere likes this.
  8. MattyK-USA

MattyK-USA Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Well, there was that moment when they all laughed at Samwell for suggesting a democracy. That was pretty funny.

Boubou, RLee77, P-Nutz and 9 others like this.
  9. Torren61

Torren61 Tele-Afflicted

*double facepalm*

nojazzhere likes this.
  10. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I think y’all have to really be honest about other episodes in the series.

Because I watched every single episode for the very first time in the last three or four weeks, I think my memory might be just a tad sharper.

Not every episode was a barnburner. They werent whacking people every 16 seconds. There were plenty of long, long , long dialogue sequences.

Plus, as I said before, plenty of lighthearted humorous bits . Especially anytime Teryan was involved .

Between the zombie battle and Qualisi (sp ?) torching everyone in the last couple episodes - Last nights episode was the afterglow.

Plus, there was a point to the fact that Jon Snow just stabbed her and she died.

Because how many other people had that happened to in the show? Hundreds and hundreds. Yeah, she had a dragon. Yeah, she couldn’t die in fire. But she was flesh and bone like anybody else and when it’s time to go, it’s time to go.

And a sharp blade was the end of almost everybody else on the show , so...

Plus, if Arya had whacked her, she would’ve either used Needle (I loved Needle) or that dagger.

OlRedNeckHippy, Torren61 and getbent like this.
  11. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

I did. I kept thinking 'it is over' and it would keep going... I think maybe the clue of what they might have done was when Tyrion says, 'ask me in 10 years'... I think it would have been cool to do a 2-3 hour finale told from 10 years hence, by Sam to his son... with flashbacks... that would have been a little kitschy but focused.

P-Nutz and Torren61 like this.
  12. backporchmusic

Pretty sure *facepalming* won't make a show that you had no creative input on behave or end in a way that would please you.

See some shortcomings in it? Then make your own, armchair filmmaker.

13. MattyK-USA

MattyK-USA Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Oh, and this coming from the guy that argued that GOT and LOTR are completely different - could they have copied LOTR any more in this finale?!? Complete with rambling epilogue and their version of the Red Book of Westmarch.

"I left a few pages for you, Sam(well)"...

14. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

If you played a Tele at the GC, for thirty seconds, and you threw up, and shat your pants, you probably wouldn't want another shot at one! :D

nojazzhere likes this.
  15. jvin248

jvin248 Poster Extraordinaire

^Makes me want to ask that Tyrion quote to Jon "did you come up with that on your own?"
    Jon replied, "no that was so and so back in the first season".
    :)

Torren61 likes this.
  16. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

It was a thought I had this morning, can't say for certain that no one else ever thought it or stated it, but it is how I have always felt about television.

17. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

I don’t consider that decision to be a measure of intelligence. I do consider your remark to be snide, though? (;^)

I would rather bail out at the first sign that indicated that the series was not my cup of tea than ***** about the final show some years later. THAT is the point of my comment...not a contest of intelligence.

I had a feeling that that first incidence of incest was not to be the last, and I consider it to be something that I did not care to continue. Of course, that incestuous situation could be considered a commentary on the inbreeding among the various houses of European ‘royalty’, I suppose.
    I also am drawn more to actual history compared to some grand fairy tale/horror show of mythology. Ommv...and that is cool. If you feel my contributions to the thread should be eliminated, talk to a moderator.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  18. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I guess that is what I was trying to say. Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn about what someone's IDEAS about how things were several hundred years ago. Dark and dreary scenery doesn't interest me at all in most cases. I also don't care much for a whole lot of characters in a movie or any other kind of production, because I'm usually not interested in what a whole lot of people are doing even in real life and just kind of tune out after a while.

19. backporchmusic

OK, I understand that. So why are you posting in this thread then? Were you adding to the subject or just insulting it? If you weren't familiar with the show, what did you expect to add to the conversation about the show?

Torren61 likes this.
  20. ReverendRevolver

ReverendRevolver Tele-Holic

The most important thing here is where 2019 leaves pop culture and entertainment.

The MCU and GOT were transformative pieces of culture, and have ended the run started a long time ago.

They both moved something forward, GOT took the shock and brutality from edgier cable that started back with Sopranos, Breaking Bad, the Shield, added in gratuitous imagery typically found in premium TV and R rated movies. But it was in a very mainstream medium that virtually everyone was watching.
    The MCU stuff was just the natural flow of things, but they both were impactful in making nerd culture and established fiction go-tos for all of entertainment.

But now what? When the lackluster Xmen thier film was done, Iron Man et al were taking off. As True Blood was wrapping, everyone was shifting focus to GOT. Breaking Bad ended and focus shifted to TWD(I think that's still going?).
    But I don't see Westworld holding up like GOT, when its out-"buzzed" by so many Netflix/Prime exclusives.

So that's my quandry:
    What's the next big thing? Safe guess it's created by Amazon, Netflix, Disney, or maybe Apple for thier streaming services, as Showtime/HBO business models dont look like the winning bet, but who knows....

I'm not a TV person, due to time and children, but I'm curious what takes the public attention next.

Torren61 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.