I want a rotary pedal. Not excited about 300.00

CV Jee Beez

Tele-Afflicted
The Electro Harmonix Lester G is OK. On it's own, sounds good. Doesn't stack well with drive pedals. I like the Micro Vibe for the Robin Tower stuff but not the fast stuff. Best of luck.

bumnote

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
The Strymon Lex is the best one I've played...but it's $300.
I own a Danelectro Big Spender, it's not too bad. It does sound like a rotary effect, just not as convincing as much higher priced pedals I've tried like the Boss & Strymon.

drmordo

Friend of Leo's
The DOD FX22 Vibrothang is meant to be a rotary emulator which it does pretty well but it goes beyond that and is capable of other very interesting things. They are also pretty cheap.

That said, the issue with emulating a Leslie is that there are two different things happening - the low freqs are running thru a speaker with a a spinning drum that makes it sound more like a tremolo while the highs are running thru a spinning horn that sounds more like a vibrato. Emulating both of those things is complicated and that's why the best pedals are expensive. About a year ago I bought a Digitech RPM-1, and it does a killer job of emulating both aspects of a Leslie, but it's rack mounted so you may not want that.

stormsedge

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I have two. The Danelectro Big Spender is a good one.

28D7CF37-B810-4CD1-9268-5A88B2CECF8E.jpeg

The Keeley DynoMyRoto is also good, but pricier. It has rotary, chorus and flanger settings making it good for a smaller/tighter board.

9C3071F6-C648-47EE-B34B-490ADC5989A0.jpeg

Twang Deluxe

Tele-Afflicted
IMHO the rotary sound of the Vox Stomplab is pretty good. It's cheap but not cheap sounding. I painted mine and put a handmade faceplate on it to make it look more vintage
20210912_204801.jpg

dr. love

Tele-Meister
I use a Boss RT-20, and so far it’s my winner. I’ve tried to match it using a TC electronic Corona chorus and writing a new TonePrint which came real close, but until I need the real estate on the board, the RT-20 is staying put.