I Want A 380

ZackyDog

Friend of Leo's
Your wish is my command.

1642227982255.png

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
If you're wanting .380 cal in a full size SA pistol 'just because', I think you are needlessly limiting your available choices.

The case diameter is identical to 9mm and .38 super...so by choosing .380 you're not increasing magazine capacity. You don't gain anything by shooting .380 from a full-size pistol.

1*wrTLqhuY8sOywPScKpyY-g.jpeg

Yes, .380 is less snappy than 9mm, but when comparing the felt recoil of .380 in a small pistol and 9mm in a full-size pistol, it's a wash. And many gun makers today are incorporating dual coaxial recoil springs in their SA pistols to dramatically reduce felt recoil.

If you go with 9mm, your options for good lefty ergos dramatically increase.

dogmeat

Friend of Leo's
as others have said... you want a full size pistol, go 9mm. the only reason to go 380 is to conceal. I have Colt Officer 380... its a mini 1911, nice little gun but there are much smaller packages

for the same size there are tons on 9s that pack twice the punch

someone also said 38 Super... I owned & loaded that one too. good power but not that accurate. yeah, even in a Colt

rarebreed

Tele-Afflicted
With the advances made over the years in gun powder and and bullet design the .380 can be a good choice for a CC gun. Most are small and easily concealed. But before you should consider carrying any type handgun for personal protection you need to take your choice of gun out to a range and put several hundred rounds through it. Never take a brand new gun out and start carrying it without doing this first, your life and the lives of others may depend on it.

985plowboy

Poster Extraordinaire
I have a Sig P-238 .380 which is based on the Colt Mustang so I have experience with the caliber.

I am also very much a 1911 fan.
If you are buying a full size 1911, I suggest you go with 9mm if you don’t want the traditional 45acp.

In a full size 1911 9mm recoil will be nearly nonexistent. 9mm ammo will be cheaper and more readily available than .380.
And it hits harder, if that’s a consideration.
Be careful.
Have fun.
Wear hearing protection.

Tone Quest

Tele-Holic
My brother in law has a Bersa Thunder 380, carried and shot for many years. No problems at all. A friend of mine has the Smith and Wesson Shield 380 EZ and loves it. I carry an original Colt Mustang 380, all steel with extended mag. We all load with Hornaday Critical Defense. Can't go wrong.

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
45 vs 380 per Omar and Brother M

“At this range? This caliber? Even if I miss, I can’t miss.” Lol every time. RIP Michael