I waited quite a while...

EMan

Tele-Holic
There may be some here that remember I had made some queries into the Elitist '57 Goldtop, by Epi.

Well, I retired this year...after 30 years, and finally ordered one as a retirement gift for myself (good an excuse as any)! They've actually been backordered since November '07...and finally came in stock.

It should be here in a day or two. I'm pretty excited!

hugo

Former Member
Eman, congrats!! Congrats on the retirement too! I'm really excited for you. Don't forget to post pics once you get it. Enjoy my man, enjoy!!

pengipete

Friend of Leo's
I could say that you don't look old enough to retire judging by your avatar but my dad told me never to lie. ;)

Congrats on getting your dream Goldtop and all the time in the world to play it.

EMan

Tele-Holic
Thanks a lot for the commeents, and congrats folks!

I'll be 53 on May...but them 401K things really add up!

I'm not a huge fan of HB's...but just really dig them gold geetars. I've got one the Elite (former Elitist) DOT 335s, and it is one nice guitar. Shouldn't expect any less from the new one.

bantam rooster

Tele-Meister
Is there such a thing as an Elitist pre-57 goldtop? I do love my p90's, but the Gibson reissue is a little too spendy.

RickG501

Tele-Afflicted
Congrats on the retirement man!!!!!
I wish I could be doin' the same, but no such luck here.

Great gift for all those thankless years of slavery, eh, I mean service.

EMan

Tele-Holic
The only issue with my new found no work plan is...it's kinda odd, after so many years of the same thing, to adjust to not having to do anything. But I reckon that's not too bad a 'problem', considering the alternative.

P90's - There's just that one Epi Elitist GT, the others are variants of the LP line. However, Yamaha made a really neat, inexpensive P90 guitar a while back. Inexpensive meaning in the $300 range. I bought one, and was fairly amazed at how cool it was.