I took the plunge, first body route. Rick 330

jadedsoul

Tele-Holic
Hi guys....
Ok here is a small thanks and a demo of the Ric 330 clone. Now iv never done a video like this before so please excuse my horrid on screen appearance o yea i left the suit in the wardrobe, iv left my work clothes on, id just been in the back yard workin on my first beach Telecaster. More on that later :D Big thanks to everybody for all your kind words, they mean a lot :cool:
so yea here is my first youtube vid. enjoy :D PS. please excuse my terrible playing, once i have a camera on me i fall to pieces with nerves :eek: :D

PGTips

Tele-Meister
Excellent. I'll check it out when I get home. My work headphones finally fell apart yesterday. Saw you posted the 330 on the Ricky replica thread. I'd love to make one myself but it's way beyond my skill set. Congratulations!

jadedsoul

Tele-Holic
So she is in the hands of another but here she is next to a real 330. Now to say id never played one. or picked one up i got it pretty darn close, even sounds the same unplugged im told. GO figure. haha...
11206046_10153330193499343_5816043547489931030_n.jpg
The last image of the Weller XITS. Now starts the next instalment. The Lichtenstein WHAMMM 330 for me :D My second should be better than the first.

keithamorris

TDPRI Member
Hi, sorry, late to the thread. This is beautiful work. I would love to embark on a project like that. I have built two guitars from parts, to get a feel for how neck alignment, action, etc is supposed to work. I think I'm ready to try a complete build. Thanks for the inspiration.

jadedsoul

Tele-Holic
What happened to all my photos i wonder. fb will not host for anybody nowadays it seems. ill see what i can find. Here you go. So i got some vinyl cut to get it looking like Wellers XITS all black 330. Cost me 80 pounds for the R tail. pickups hand wound to 1970s highgain specks. using rubber magnets like the real ones.

Last edited: