I think my body is done with loosing weight, end of the Thursday weight loss club...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by DrPepper, Mar 26, 2020.

1. DrPepper

DrPepper Friend of Leo's

Feb of 2017 I maxed out at 327 lbs, 3 years later I am (and have been) maintaining a body weight of 175-180 lbs (without exercising). My original goal was to get down to 155, but that might take a bit longer. I went from a 50" waist to a 36" waist. I feel much better now and have learned a lot about nutrition.

Anybody that wants advice from me based on what I have learned, pm me.

When I quit punching new holes in my belt, I can get a good one.

Matt G, Asmith, marc2211 and 12 others like this.
  2. skitched

skitched Tele-Meister

I’ve been losing weight over the last few months ever since I realized I’m lactose intolerant, so I switched from bowls of cereal to high fat yoghurt (homemade)...surprisingly being stuck at home has caused me to eat less than normal as well.

tah1962, DrPepper and telestratosonic like this.
  3. chulaivet1966

chulaivet1966 Tele-Afflicted

I've studied nutrition for a loooong time and did weight lifting (for health/functional strength only) for about 10 years until arthritis and spinal stenosis starting kicking my but about 8 years ago.

I want to congratulate you for you perseverance and discipline to achieve what you have accomplished.
    I've never allowed myself to have a weight problem....just my life long discipline to keep my self respect.
    I don't know your height but 175-180 seems pretty good to me.
    I would recommend not obsessing too much further as you should be proud for your efforts and success with your goal.

It's a life style change, not a diet.
    I'm sure it wasn't easy based on you being accustomed to old habits...but, it's been said that anything worth doing in life requires some sacrifice. :)

Well done.....

tah1962 and DrPepper like this.
  4. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Poster Extraordinaire

When I was in my late 30’s I was close to 300lbs. I’m 6’4” so I was heavy but not necessarily obese.
    I made up my mind that I was going to turn 40 weighing the same as I did when I was 20.
    I lost about 90 lbs and have not gained it back and that was 30 years ago.
    OP, it sounds like you have lost enough, you can relax and commend yourself on a major victory, good on you.

Matt G, tah1962 and DrPepper like this.
  5. DrPepper

DrPepper Friend of Leo's

Thank you. I maintained a weight of 165 lbs from the age of 30 for over 20 years, then I had medical issues that made me live a sedentary lifestyle and went from 165 to 327 in 3 years. Plus, I was a binge eater. Learning new eating habits has been a challenge, but, well worth it.

telemnemonics and tah1962 like this.
  6. GEECEE

GEECEE TDPRI Member

Big time congrats! Did the same thing starting early 2016. Dropped from 207 to 140 by 2017. Was way too thin at 140. Target is/was 155 - 160 and I'd still like to be there, but have been working out and put on some muscle lost. Hover around 158 - 163 and feel/look pretty good - IE, chest sticks out farther than gut... It's a lifestyle, diet change for sure but it's gotten much easier. Feel a whole lot better too. My hat's off to folks breaking away from old/poor eating habits and getting in better shape. Again - major congrats!

Matt G, DrPepper and tah1962 like this.
  7. Peegoo

Peegoo Tele-Afflicted

"I maxed out at 327 lbs, 3 years later I am (and have been) maintaining a body weight of 175-180 lbs."

WOW.

Wow. You are a rare success story.

Congratulations!

GEECEE, telemnemonics and DrPepper like this.
  8. tah1962

tah1962 Tele-Afflicted

Congrats to all that have dropped weight and have been able to keep it off. It is definitely worth the hard work and lifestyle change. Great job!

GEECEE and DrPepper like this.
  9. bowman

bowman Friend of Leo's

OP, that is some serious commitment! Very difficult to do, so congrats. Last year I decided to lose some weight, and have kept it off - but only about 20 lbs, nothing like what you did. I felt fine, no health issues, but didn't like my appearance. It took some food retraining, but it wasn't too hard really, and it's been moderately easy to keep it off. For me, the key is not to get too nuts over it: if I gain 3 or 4 pounds, I don't freak out, I just behave for a couple of weeks and it goes away. I've found that I can still eat the "bad' things I like, but just not all the time.

GEECEE and DrPepper like this.
  10. Warren Pederson

Warren Pederson Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Good Job! I went from 227 to 152, 6 ft tall. Managing to maintain my weight now for 7 yrs

GEECEE likes this.
  11. Hey_you

Hey_you Tele-Meister

Very well done sir.Takes a lot of resolve to finish a goal to its end such as weightloss. Beware! Gaining happens so very fast . Just keep an eye on that scale. Congrads.

DrPepper and GEECEE like this.
  12. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

That's truly awesome!
    I'm not sure the lowest target weight always looks good though, more than once I've seen a friend who lost a bunch of weight and maybe went too far to the gaunt face look. Disturbs me to see that.
    I eat pretty health food oriented and dropped carbs from half my meals to get back to the old pants size.
    Dropped snack foods and sugar too.

13. marc2211

marc2211 Tele-Holic

Huge congrats! I went from ~120+kg (260lbs) to 75kg (165lbs) about 15 years back, so I know how hard it is! You should be so proud of the acheivement.

While I didn't look *hugely* different as I have a big frame (I'm 5'10" and very broad chested), I looked kind of unwell at 75kg. When I met my then girlfriend, now wife of the last 12 years, she said I had to put some weight on. I stuck at ~85kg (185lbs), which was the 'sweet spot' for about 7 years until I hit 40.

I've gradually put some weight on - I'm 95kg now, however I took up weight lifting and put on a lot of muscle - which in honesty I don't hugely like. I am always active riding 20km per day too and from work, gym 3 times a week etc, so I keep fit.

With the enforced confinement recently I have put on quite a few kg, but I guess it'll come off when I'm back outside more.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    DrPepper likes this.
  14. TelenTubes

TelenTubes Tele-Holic

Congrats. It takes a lot of discipline to do that if you're not naturally inclined to be thin. I played center and guard in high school at 212, then ate my way up to 260 before losing it. I DID get down to 156, so I could see my abs. Once I saw them, I promptly started eating a little more and maintain at about 175-185.

Way to go!

15. MrCairo46

MrCairo46 Friend of Leo's

I have been part of the Thursday weight loss club. I started back in 2012 , got down to 190 from 221 and today sit back at 224.
    Maybe néed to start it again.

DrPepper likes this.
  16. TokyoPortrait

TokyoPortrait Tele-Afflicted

Wow, that's heaps. Well done.

I've been intermittent fasting for a wee while now. I lost 20kg (44lb) in the first four months, but for the last two have stalled there. I'd like to lose another 10kg really.

Pax/
    Dean

DrPepper likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.