I think I need therapy

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by 1bad914, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Jim_in_PA

Jim_in_PA Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Umm...that IS therapy... :) :D

1bad914 likes this.
  2. 1bad914

1bad914 Tele-Holic

Cut the pickup holes on the template and sanded the body down to within 32nd of the line. Router table is next.

3. Greg M

Greg M Tele-Holic

No therapist needed. Now, an assistant might not be a bad idea. You're a little far for me unfortunately.

4. ramonet

ramonet Tele-Meister

I have two builds running, last one it's my #28 and I don't play guitar or bass!! Not even one chord!!! But building it's my therapy, so... Everything it's OK

5. 1bad914

1bad914 Tele-Holic

I have friend that is a retired physician, he is a prolific builder of electric and acoustic, and mandolins. He builds beautiful guitars with very ornate inlays. Does not play a lick of guitar. Knows the fretboard and all the notes, but does not play. Has over 50 guitars he built on display in his giant shop man cave.

6. 1bad914

1bad914 Tele-Holic

The 5 current therapeutic devices:
    6E4AAAEA-B35A-4E3D-8724-74C743F9517E.jpeg

7. Jim_in_PA

Jim_in_PA Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I'm somewhat following in your footsteps...keyboard player with only rudimentary guitar and bass skills at this point and surgery on my left wrist a few years ago makes it difficult for me to do much. So I'm in it for the build rather than the play!

8. jkingma

jkingma Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    I usually start the "next" one when I start the finish on the current one, as I do those jobs in different shops. For me personally, I would only work on more than one at a time if it was a run of very similar guitars, so that I could "assembly line" a few operations. I did that once with a run of 5 Teles and it worked out ok, but I'm not very keen on doing it again. I much prefer to focus my concentration on one project and try to eliminate the possibility of errors. The operative word there, being "try".

Jim_in_PA, 1bad914 and crazydave911 like this.
  9. zippofan

zippofan Tele-Afflicted

All you wood guys have mad skills that I could never emulate (though I can carve a Pinewood Derby car :D), so my therapy is a little different:

pedals group.jpg

I built these in the last 6 -8 months, with another half dozen strewn around my bench area, another half dozen in my pedal drawers, plus 3 tube amps and another in progress...hello my name is Zippo and I'm an addict...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.