1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

I think I can sang better than I twang

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Sanity Inn, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Sanity Inn

Sanity Inn Tele-Meister

I wish I could play lead like many of you and contribute to those weekly backing tracks , and I read in a post once ,you'd all prefer to hear the guitar aspects more than the vocal ones. but alas, I have decided to share a couple of my tunes from Reverb.

Alone ......... 2004, just acoustic, recorded on a drinking night at a buddies place, I imagine a haunting Cello on this at the beginning, then slowly picking up to a heavier final verse and chorus. One of the rare songs I wrote the lyrics to first, then tried to find the music, I actually had to shorten each first line in the verses yet try and retain the same meaning,

Deception Queen,..... back in '95,,, got dumped by a chic, buddy talked me into going to a studio and this came out, YUP totally dated type rock ballad, cool thing is , it reversed stereo for me, rather than enjoying my kick arse stereo system, I now heard music differently, in a good way
    for those of you who don't want to hear the yodeling lol , there's a no vocals version of Deception Queen also

the drummer/engineer built one of the Rolling Stones kits, the lead player shared stage with Joe Walsh, Steve Howe and his band used to open for Yngwie Malmsteen . I didn't know that back then lol. Oh well

Anyway, now to muster the courage and hit that enter button :))

thanks for listening if you did

https://www.reverbnation.com/sanityinn

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  2. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Afflicted

"Alone" - I can hear you Sanity Inn! Beautifully produced, sung and played track.
    "Deception Queen" - You've got a great voice. Nice rocker and cool back story on the musicians.

Oh how I wish I could sing. Your singing is soulful and beautiful. Thank you for sharing your great music. I'd say keep them coming!

Sanity Inn likes this.
  3. decker

decker Tele-Afflicted

Very nice Sanity Inn; good clear vocals.

Sanity Inn likes this.
  4. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

The older I get the better I was.

5. Sanity Inn

Sanity Inn Tele-Meister

Thanks for making the time to listen and comment, much appreciated...

6. Slowpoke

Slowpoke Tele-Afflicted

Loved Deception Queen, well put together and a really pro balance. Good onya Sanity Inn:p:p

Sanity Inn likes this.
  7. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone Tele-Meister

I think I'm in the same boat as you, sort of.

I'm a pretty competent bass player. And I'm a good lyricist. But I don't think I would hire me as a guitarist. I've recently gotten some great responses to my lyrics. But I've still only ever been paid to make music as a bass player. I'm so jealous of a lot of the lead players on here.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.