Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesAM

Tele-Holic
It was a rhetorical statement.
upload_2021-12-22_10-42-28.jpeg

kafka

Friend of Leo's
Lol, no, I want you to define it yourself?

Is the Internet your classroom?

I don't actually care what you want. You're the one who placed a demand on me, and I said no, be an adult and handle it yourself.

You seem triggered, so I'm going to let you go take a nap and cool off.

Flyboy

Tele-Holic
The last two pages of this thread reinforced my opinion on Millenials. Thanks for the insight and enjoy your wealthy retirement.

'Boomer' - Lol!!! Their riposte to everyone, even when that person is nowhere near 'Boomer' age.

Merry Christmas!

Flyboy

Tele-Holic
I don't actually care what you want. You're the one who placed a demand on me, and I said no, be an adult and handle it yourself.

You seem triggered, so I'm going to let you go take a nap and cool off.
That's the trouble: you don't care. You folk don't. You think the world owes you a living and it doesn't.

I'll bet you've saved Sweet FA for your 'retirement'.

kafka

Friend of Leo's
The only real hassle I've had with them is this one driver who repeatedly drops packages on my stoop that should have been dropped on a stoop one block east.

Honestly, FedEx is at my house every other day, and I don't experience any delays, either. Same with UPS and USPS now. Things were dicey for a while there, but it eased up. I haven't had a package from Europe in a while, but anything from Japan or China in the past month or so has been here in no time flat.

G.Rotten

Friend of Leo's
:

My observation is that despite running constant ads and constantly seeking to fill openings we have had less and less applications every decade for my entire (over 40yr) career in automotive service. The few who persist seem to do it more for their own personal satisfaction than anything.
The industry has very few/poor training systems in place and tends to just throw new hires in the deep end and see if they float. I have observed the majority of hires with potential fail as a result.
Currently we rarely see an application. Period. And I am not surprised.
I honestly dont see why anyone would want to...
In its current state its a horrible field to get into.
While requiring the combined skills and tools of mechanic, plumber, electrician, electronics, computer programmer, and more, the pay doesnt remotely match the skill set. The expense of tools and equipment is enormous. And the "benefits" are a joke. Health care insurance is unaffordable and much else is non-existent. Also like many current careers, retirement planning is on you. Even a meager match of a couple percent is rare.
Yeah, sure- you can make a modest middle class income, only to age out with almost inevitable bad knees, back, damaged hearing and eyes, respiratory damage, chronic tendonitis, etc.

I am not going to "go there" right now and try to analyze the "why's" but to say it is far more complicated than a one-liner typical response.

And to say that dividing people up into "Boomers" "Millenials" or what have you certainly serves no purpose to the analysis but to defer blame.

I would have to agree with most of this.

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
But how can they? They never fiscally went through that nightmare! I did, but my son was already making his way own way in the world by then, inasmuch as he was independent by the age of 19. TBF, he was born in the late '80s.

A perfect example might be some younger people I lead, know and socialize with commenting on the pain from their families' real estate bankruptcies and debt. An "I really suffered from stupid things my parents did".

Status
Not open for further replies.