I take back every snarky thing I said about The Eagles w-Vince Gill

Vibroluxer

Tele-Holic
Vince is the Man! He's a triple threat, in no particular order: he can write, he can sing, and he can play.

If I wasn't so good, it would be easy to be jealous of him. šŸ˜Ž

Ebidis

Friend of Leo's
Eagles are boring, and I'd rather stay home than sit through an Eagles concert.

JMO/YMMV

AAT65

Poster Extraordinaire
Just back from seeing the Eagles concert in Edinburgh. My wife bought tickets for our Christmas present, otherwise I'd maybe have given it a miss - but glad I went because, even from the back of the stadium, it was a very professional show by some very talented and professional musicians playing (mostly) great songs.
Henley and Vince Gill are the highlights as singers - I think Timothy B Schmitt's voice has suffered the most from the passing of time, and he only sang lead on one song. Still the harmonies are of course great from the whole band. Joe Walsh gives a great performance of course, though the technically he's maybe no great shakes as a singer. His guitar playing remains mercurial and inspirational. However I think they play too many Walsh / James Gang songs, we could have dropped one or two of them and had some more Eagles material.
The musician star of the show overall is probably Steuart Smith -- he's "only" playing Leadon and Felder guitar parts but he does with great technique and brings something unique to it - Felder parts get a twinkle more country to them especially.
All in all, very glad to have seen them and to have heard Murrayfield Stadium roaring out Lying Eyes and Heartache Tonight - that must still be such a blast for the band after all these decades.

Last edited: