I take back every snarky thing I said about The Eagles w-Vince Gill

bigbean

Tele-Afflicted
Ad Free Member
Glad you enjoyed it. Joe Walsh has always seemed to be a great guy, and doesn't look to phone it in on stage very often. The whole lot of them look to be not taking for granted that so many people still want to see them. That's a great thing, given how long they've been at it.

I live near Columbus, but Eagles tickets are way too rich for my blood.
In fact, a few days ago I was looking over tickets in the state for the next several months, and was blown away how much some acts (Smashing Pumpkins, Goo Goo Dolls specifically) are charging for tickets. We're talking Kiss/Eagles prices. It makes sense for Kiss, The Eagles, 21Pilots, and MCR to charge around $100 for general admission(or top level arena off to the side...), but when AJR, Mudhoney, Elvis Costello, and Danzig cost less than half that, it doesn't make much sense to me.
For what it's worth, the only acts I want to see this year don't come any closer than Cleveland/Lakewood, so I'm not the target GooGoo Dolls ticket buyer (as I deliberate $20 per ticket for Nekromantix vs $15 per ticket for Meteors knowing I'll spend $50 on gas to either...) But it baffles me that some random acts have snuck into the Kiss world tour pricing bracket.
Tickets are out of control but there are exceptions. I recently saw Tower of Power at the Cleveland MGM room for $80 in the 5th row. That show was amazing and they were working with a new singer who had just plugged into the tour two weeks before kick off who owned the stage and his performance like a boss.
I'm looking forward to Leonid and Friends again in June. Somehow they were able to get here and start their tour. It's an amazing group and I highly recommend their show. The show I saw last October was excellent.

Old Verle Miller

Tele-Meister
Vince is as much of a perfectionist as Henley and the group is as smoothly practiced and professionally produced as anything that ever appeared on a stage. You got to see the best of the best.

Good fortune to anyone who gets to see something like that live. The rest of us common folk will have to experience it via recordings.

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I was never a fan but did appreciate some of the solo members efforts, no doubt they would put on a fine show a tone of expirience and talent, never liked the collective efforts, its just me

bigbean

Tele-Afflicted
Ad Free Member
I believe the Rickenbacker he plays is a Glenn Fry signature model from the ‘90’s. I’ve never seen one in person, only in pictures.
I believe you are correct. My next question is: Is the one that Joe was playing one of the Rickenbacker 1000 offered in production or is it Glenn's ?

Thank you for identifying it. That kind of stuff can drive me batty. (not a long drive, really more of a short stroll.)

Slip Kid

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
I believe you are correct. My next question is: Is the one that Joe was playing one of the Rickenbacker 1000 offered in production or is it Glenn's ?

Thank you for identifying it. That kind of stuff can drive me batty. (not a long drive, really more of a short stroll.)
My guess is it’s Joe’s. He plays it in one of the Clapton “Crossroads” festival DVDs I have. I know it was a concert before Glenn past away.

loudboy

Tele-Holic
Sounds like a great time! Friend of mine, and an extremely talented song writer, is a personal friend of Vince Gills (has his cell number kinda friend) and told me Gills only disappointment playing with The Eagles is he doesn't get to play enough electric guitar.
It'd be nice if they gave Vince and Smith a few minutes to trade some licks.

Matt Sarad

Tele-Afflicted
I saw the Eagles on their first tour back in the 70s. After one song the girlfriend demanded I take her home since she had work in the morning. I should have told her to get a cab.
I've seen Gill twice.

Papanate

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
Good review - I'm glad you enjoyed it - I can't cough up the money for Eagles tickets - my mental state just won't tolerate it.
That's the case with most 'legacy' bands - they are asking too much dough and not delivering anything new.