1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

I stopped at Guitar Center in Brookfield yesterday......

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by studio1087, Nov 10, 2017.

1. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

This was $329 and it was mint. Mint condition. Mint green. Minty Mexicano Marvelous. I like the green. Next to it was a Duo-Sonic with nicely dressed frets for $279. It played so much better than the one that I owned years ago.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

They had a new burst J-45 in the acoustic room for $1300 and that's a steal. It had one string out of tune and I grabbed the B tuner to learn that it had Robo-Tuners. Dammit Henry! Dead batteries/couldn't tune it/there it sat out of tune/Grrrrrrrrrr......really pretty J-45 but dang.

I walked through the PA room and they had 280 watt Alto self-powered 1x10 with horn speakers for $169 and that's the everyday price now. They weighed next to nothing. Really made me think about the future. I have JBL JRX 15's with two Crown Power amps at home and everything weighs more than I should be lifting or arranging in a room. Our drummer has two QSC powered 1x10's on poles and a tiny Allen & Heath 6 channel mixer in our practice space. His PA weighs nothing and it's all so very tidy. Some day I have to step out of the dinosaur realm. We used powered Alto monitors in my last band. Alto is ok. $169 for a 280 watt powered 1x10...the times; they are a changing.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    I went to Guitar Center. I learned something. Nothing sucked. Up up with people. I wanted a Pepsi and they didn't sell Pepsi so I got a 44 oz Big Gulp at a near by gas station for cheap. I drank the Pepsi and thought about selling my JBL's and Power amps on Craigslist. I have a bad back. The green Tele is nice but I don't need it.

So!....Guitar Center....nice used Fender and Squier products, Robot Tuners (Henry you ding dong!), cool low priced Altos and Pepsi from 7-11 which has nothing to do with GC.

Indeed.

2. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Friend of Leo's

Did they take the soda coolers out? at least some of the stores in this area had those glass fronted fridges like they have near check out in the food stores..

studio1087 likes this.
  3. LongLiveRock54

LongLiveRock54 Tele-Holic

John, next time I come up to Wisconsin , I'm driving my truck and bringing lot of cash....:D

dented and studio1087 like this.
  4. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I always find something interesting in my local GC. It's small (due to the location) but well stocked.

stnmtthw, haggardfan1 and studio1087 like this.
  5. ricardo1912

ricardo1912 Friend of Leo's

You may not need a green Tele but...

I wish we had more big music shops like GC in the UK. I've got Andertons or GAK, both of which are a fair drive away. None of the small shops can afford to stock Fender stuff any more.

Obsessed and studio1087 like this.
  6. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I understand. Our GC is the only non-used guitar shop worthy of the name for a radius of 350 miles.

studio1087 likes this.
  7. studio1087

The fridge that was in Brookfield only contained MONSTER energy drinks.........dude. :cool:

xafinity likes this.
  8. studio1087

I'll buy lunch! Wisconsin lunch.....beef and potatoes.....that's all that we eat. We eat chicken and pork too but it's never whacky. Lots of farmers up here. You get a good meal. Call me.

LongLiveRock54 likes this.
  9. Chatnoir

Chatnoir Tele-Afflicted

You're lucky, I wish I could say the same but it seems my GC has nothing I'm trying to find or anything I am interested always set ladder height up on the wall.

Laura

studio1087 likes this.
  10. bazmusicman

bazmusicman Tele-Meister

Have you tried 'GuitarGuitar' at Epsom? They are big with a lot of stock.

studio1087, ricardo1912 and rogb like this.
  11. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity

Dang it ....I would have come home with that Tele and told all the others to MOVE OVER! lol Love that color.

studio1087 and Hendrixlvr like this.
  12. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

+2 Yup, I get it too. Our local GC is two states and one time zone away. The last "good" Ma&Pa guitar store within 100 miles closed last year.

Don't really have any GAS going on right now and still recovering from buying a pricy guitar this summer, but it is always fun just to kick the tires at a GC.

studio1087 likes this.
  13. Sconnie

Sconnie Tele-Afflicted

Don't forget to stock up on New Glarus!

studio1087 likes this.
  14. ricardo1912

ricardo1912 Friend of Leo's

Just had a look online - they def seem worth a visit while I'm out and about for work. Thanks for the heads up.

studio1087 likes this.
  15. studio1087

OK if anyone in the Milwaukee area wants a pair of JBL JRX 15's for $125 each contact me. I have 50' speakon cables that we can discuss. They're in the background. I'll also sell one of the Crown power amps for $175. Maybe Guitar Center is a problem. Maybe my back is a problem. My back is a problem.

You have to go into guitar shops but you really need to stay out of those $^&$$T^&U guitar shops. I may sell the big back busters. 44 pounds each. Damn I'm old. Darth Vador is not part of the deal man.

[​IMG]

JayFreddy likes this.
  16. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Poster Extraordinaire

I went right to the website. That green tele is either sold, or it was never posted. Either way, I couldn't get it!

studio1087 likes this.
  17. raito

raito Poster Extraordinaire

GC in Brookfield, good.
    GC in Edina, pretty good.
    GC in Middleton, less good (at least as far as selection goes, the guys there are always nice to me).

studio1087 likes this.
  18. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

Same for me. There are now two GC within an hour or so of where I live. I stopped in the newer of the two for the first time, about a month ago, and it was full of cool stuff.

We have a fair-sized independent music store here in town that's been in business since 1965. I truly believe that for the last ten years or so, they've had pretty much the same type and colors of guitars, a gazillion big expensive pianos, and everything else looks the same as always.

Why does Guitar Center seem so much cooler, and why can I kill so much more time in a GC looking at things I'd really buy if I could?

studio1087 likes this.
  19. sammy123

sammy123 Tele-Meister

Nice guitars. They have good deals in there occasionally. I stop by anytime if have business out that way.

Legally they have to wait before they can list used stuff online so sometimes you won't see it for a few days. You can probably have them hold it for you if your in there until they can legally sell it.

They had a nice older Nashville in there a few months back for $450 with case I think. Not a bad price. But it was not online when I looked later in the day. It popped up later in the week. It's actually what started my hunt for a Nashville...which I now have and love.

JJAdams1956 and studio1087 like this.
  20. deytookerjaabs

deytookerjaabs Friend of Leo's

I drove up there from Chicago once to look at a rare Twin model from the 70's but it didn't work when we got there!

Then I headed over to "Cream City" (I think??) music, cash in pocket, to give a Vibro-King the serious one over. They were such a-holes we walked right out.

Ended up buying something from first ever trip to music go round, but I don't recall what it was. What I do recall is the nearby Cash America had some really nice Schecters (early stuff) for peanuts but they're just not my thing.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.