I Sold My Cabronita. You?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by rze99, May 9, 2019.

1. USian Pie

USian Pie Tele-Meister

Interesting. I have TV Jones in an ash solidbody with 10s and there's something about the low-E attack that seems a little muffled. This is with the neck pickup.

Meanwhile, TV Jones in my semihollow with 11s bite like an alligator on all strings.

2. kLyon

kLyon Tele-Meister

As mentioned, I think that has mostly to do with the bridge... the difference is much less severe in the Cabronitas with Bigsbys and floating bridges. The direct coupling with the body seems to add a natural compression.

3. ifallalot

ifallalot Tele-Afflicted

I sold it, I miss it

brookdalebill likes this.
  4. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

Sorry, I don't know what bridge it is, I bought it used and it came that way. Thanks, I dig the color too!

5. bluescube

bluescube Friend of Leo's

Harley Benton from Thomann. I sold it to get my Roadworn Tele

[​IMG]

brookdalebill likes this.
  6. Jsil13

Jsil13 Tele-Holic

I did a metal flake finish last year. I'm still finding glitter. Haha. It came out great, but the amount of clear coat it took to cover the flake and leave enough to wet sand was insane.

BorderRadio likes this.
  7. rockymtnguitar

rockymtnguitar Tele-Holic

I've got the Squier version (the non-bigsby). I made a pot change to it. I really enjoy the guitar every time I play it. I keep thinking I'll sell it off, but then I play it and wonder why I would. Recently bought a Gretsch Electromatic 5439T. The two do sound different. I thought the Gretsch might prompt me to get rid of the Cabronita, but that hasn't happened yet.

8. irie

irie Tele-Holic

I regret not buying one when I had the chance

9. bluescube

bluescube Friend of Leo's

years ago I bought a CAR one from Sam Ash when they were being blown out. Returned it. It had the rattling bridge problem and worse yet, I could see 4 visible wood joints thru the paint. It was made of 4 pieces.

10. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

image.jpg I just bought one!
    It’s a 2011 US made Telebration model.
    I love it.
    I already did a coupla mods.
    I moved the selector switch and put a push/push phase switch on it.
    I did buy a MIM Thinline a few years ago, modded it a bunch, but I eventually did not bond with it.
    Here’s the new one!

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    G-52, Southpole, mimmo and 2 others like this.
  11. dragonfly66

dragonfly66 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I made one from parts - not cheap, but when I was looking to get something I thought I needed, I traded it. I don't miss it, but I do think they look very cool.

12. CapnCrunch

CapnCrunch Friend of Leo's

I built mine and I can't imagine not having one. I love the TV Jones classic+ bridge. I have played other filtertrons, but that pickup sounds like nothing else I've played in a really good way. I wouldn't mind having a vintage Gretsch, but I think I'd still want the Filtertrons in the Tele form factor. Either way, it is a great addition to traditional Fender style single coils and Gibson Style humbuckers. I couldn't get along without at least one p90 equipped guitar either.

13. King Creole

King Creole Friend of Leo's

I have a MIM red one that I like a lot. It's my open G guitar.

14. danlad

danlad Tele-Meister

Still got mine. One MIM stock (though as someone said the wiring ain't great but not been moved to tidy it up yet) and another purely to steal the neck for my normal Tele. Thanks Thomann.

I like the necks.

15. Bergy

Bergy Tele-Holic

I was a bit underwhelmed by my Tennessee Rose. I never dug the synthetic F holes, they look cheesy as heck to me. The body is really large, so if you are playing sitting down it’s not as comfortable as you might think. I remember the balance on mine being a bit odd when you stood up too (tail dove a bit). I never used he Bigsby that much and seem to recall that seating the string balls on the bridge posts during a restring on the Bigsby model I had was a PITA (maybe there was a slicker way do to it that I was just unaware of). On top of that it always sounded kinda...thuddy and rounded off (not sure how else to put it). Maybe that was due to having a zero fret? I never really got it to bark or bite. At the time I prolly wasn’t great at setting up my amps for that guitar but I just never liked how it sounded.

If I woulda been playing more Chet Atkins style or Rockabily at the time the Gretsch would have made more sense.

Never had a Cabronita, but I like the look and simplicity of em. Was thinking about trying to build one and maybe put a different Bigsby model on it...

16. Mechanic

Mechanic Friend of Leo's

I bought a used MIM Cabby from GC sight unsceen. Perfect. I could even double my money but won’t. Only mod I’ve done was to a tort pg. I won’t sell.

17. ricardo1912

ricardo1912 Tele-Afflicted

I had a couple, sold them and regretted it. Then i bought a thinline white Cab, shortly followed by a black solidbody in the Thomann blowout. The black gets played lots and is never gonna be sold.

Great necks and the pups work fine for me.

18. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

I might regret it...

....but I bought this custom build with the funds and it's a cracker.. :)

IMG_1008.JPG

19. RadioFM74

RadioFM74 Friend of Leo's

Are you serious? :eek: Never heard or imagined something like that could happen. Bad QC! No cookie for you! Bad, bad, bad QC!

20. Slim Chance

Slim Chance Tele-Afflicted

Had a Telebration model (still my profile picture), which was a nice guitar, but it never took. Traded it in on a '52 AV, which sees the most playing time of the five I have. No regrets letting it go.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.