I saw a fancy sportscar today in Scottsdale it said the letter e backwards & B?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by teleman1, Jun 9, 2021 at 11:09 PM.

1. buster poser

buster poser Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Highly recommend this channel if you want to see this class of car getting caned mercilessly.

Stubee likes this.
  2. richbike

richbike Tele-Meister

technically better but slowly being homogenised into the generic joyless teutonic s..tboxes that are VAG.
    I should know i have a Passat.

RomanS likes this.
  3. richbike

richbike Tele-Meister

the new Rimac makes it look like a golf cart;-)

4. buster poser

buster poser Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Counterpoint: Gen 2 R8 V10/Huracan. Capable as anything, reliable, race-bred ;)

5. magicfingers99

magicfingers99 Friend of Leo's

still rue the day I sold this stunning beauty

the only convertible I've ever owned

upload_2021-6-10_13-35-27.jpeg

0-60 in about 2.5 minutes if there is nothing in the trunk and you are the only passenger.

6. boneyguy

boneyguy Doctor of Teleocity

"....it said the letter e backwards & B..."

I don't even know how you would say the letter 'e' backwards but I'd be quite alarmed to be around a car that spoke at all.

7. DHart

DHart Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Interesting auto tidbits:

Volkswagen AG owns Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, and Volkswagen.

BMW Group owns BMW, Mini, and Rolls-Royce.

Zhejiang Geely Holding Group (ZGH) owns Lotus, Polestar, and Volvo.

Tata Motors owns Jaguar and Land Rover.

British ownership of their classic brands is gone.

SRHmusic and teleman1 like this.
  8. SRHmusic

SRHmusic Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

That also might have something to do with the (US federal) tax break for vehicles with 6000lb or higher gross vehicle weight, which any corporation can easily claim (even little ones that hold a few properties, for example).

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021 at 6:51 PM
  9. DHart

Tax break (>6000 lbs) can certainly be a factor for some, especially the not so rich. For the super-rich, the tax break on a 6000+ lb. pickup is worth less than peanuts.

For super-wealthy and others, it's just a pure love of full-size American trucks, especially with luxury top-tier trim.

I'm fairly well-to-do, but not among the super wealthy. And I'd love it if someone gave me a Bugatti, or Ferrari, Lambo, 911 turbo, or even the lowly but respectable new 'vette.

I'd drive it for a day or two, then trade it in for a top-tier GMC Denali Sierra pick up!

In my youth, I loved sports cars. Now in my elder years... top trim American-iron pickups are what I love most. No use for an exotic sports car. Neither for the speed, nor for the "hey, look at me" factor.

If someone gave me a Bentley coupe or a RR coupe.... THAT I would be tempted to keep! :) But I'd tint the windows dark (as I do anyway, here in AZ).

Continental GT Mulliner
    https://www.bentleymotors.com/en/models/continental/continental-gt-mulliner.html

Wraith
    https://www.rolls-roycemotorcars.com/en_US/showroom/wraith.html

I'd have a very hard time letting go of a Wraith, if I were given one.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021 at 4:50 PM
  10. magicfingers99

a Denali? do you own an oil well by any chance?

11. DHart

Oh come on... obviously you don't know what a Denali trim is. Sierra Denali trim pickups hardly consume little, if any, more fuel than any other Sierra trim, Silverado trim, F-150 trim, or RAM 1500 trim full-size pickup. And if some Denalis consume a tad bit more than some other full-size pickups? That's nothing that stresses me out, anyway.

No, I'm not a woke commuter who needs to drive a Prius or Volt to be able to sleep at night. :lol: You can drive one if that works for you. I won't be doing that.

I drive, maybe 6,000 miles a year, divided between two vehicles. No biggie. :rolleyes:

At this stage in my life, I'll happily drive a full-size pickup and sleep just fine at night. :)

Is there an electric vehicle in my future? Very well likely. But not for at least several years - or more. Four or five years, perhaps? It will happen at some point. I'll let the early adopters work things out.

And, don't forget... electricity for vehicles doesn't appear from nothing. MOST electric power at present, to drive electric vehicles, comes from burning fossil fuels! (Many don't seem to realize that fact. :eek: ) Fossil fuel will drive the world and the world's economies for MANY years to come! So, you can just relax and let the future unfold as it will.

It will take us quite some lengthy time to fully move on from requiring fossil fuel to meet our basic needs! Slowly but surely, we will get there. So, relax and enjoy the evolution. ;)

What do you think a Bugatti, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maseratti, Porsche Cayenne, Suburban, Tahoe, Expedition, Yukon, Titan, Tundra, yada, yada, yada, yada yada consumes for fuel? Sierra Denali pickups are not destroying the world.

Fuel consumption is radically impacted by the masses, not by specialized sectors.

As for pickup trucks... they're already becoming electrified. But wait... that electricity still requires fossil fuel burning. :eek:

We pickup drivers need to flog ourselves at night, to pay penance. We're just bad people! ;)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021 at 9:26 PM
    Telekarster and hdvades like this.
  12. magicfingers99

I thought I'd lost you until your closing sentence, where you do actually acknowledge your offenses.....

I'm not really a vehicle worshiper, though BMW comes very close to being a vehicle designed in heaven.

I think anyone should be able to own any vehicle they can afford and safely operate, however if it is large enough to block my field of vision in my vehicle, I feel the other vehicle should be constructe of transparent materials like Lexan.

also someone should invent a headlight jamming device that will drop the lumens by 50% on approach to oncoming traffic or whenever 3 ft from the rear of a vehicle.

but seriously, do you own an oil well? I had to give plasma just to give enough do-ra-mi to fill my tank last week, and with my lead foot, I can't see this stopping anytime soon...

13. stratisfied

stratisfied Tele-Holic

That was a classic and a real funster. I've held onto this muscle car for 36 years now. Recently did modern suspension and 4 wheel disc brake upgrades. It's no Lambo but still is a gas to put your foot to the floor. 'Till death do us part".

[​IMG]

Muttly and magicfingers99 like this.
  14. Telekarster

Telekarster Tele-Afflicted

Ha! And.... the nimrod could actually be the one driving the mega-car! LOL!!! I saw a dude driving a Lambo years ago, didn't know how to drive it, tried to be fancy on the highway and lost control, went across lanes on the highway and strait into a cornfield! ROTFLMAO!!! Gosh.... I wish I had that on camera :lol: Thankfully he didn't hurt anyone else on the road, but he sure could've... I'm sure his Lambo was toast afterwards :rolleyes:;)

richiek65 likes this.
  15. magicfingers99

beautiful car, detroit iron in its hey day. I remember seeing a host of muscle cars on the roads circa 1971-1975. it was a good time to be alive....

16. EsquireOK

EsquireOK Poster Extraordinaire

Think about that sentence for just half a second.

magicfingers99 likes this.
  17. Telekarster

Telekarster Tele-Afflicted

I've always had a dream of buying an F430 or some such animal, drive that baby like a toyota till it falls apart, then part it out and sell it for scrap on ebay and get most my $ back, wash my hands of it and then be able to say "Yeah.... I owned one of those once, meh.... it was ok" ;) LOL!!! :lol::twisted:

18. richiek65

richiek65 Friend of Leo's

I came here to post the same thing haha

19. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

Now THERE'S a Bugatti.

20. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

You should hint to your wife that you need something from August for Father's Day.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.