1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

I saw a childhood classmate on TV who became a lovely actress

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ZackyDog, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Danb541

Danb541 Tele-Afflicted

Am I the only one wondering what Doug Ramsey is doing these days?

Broadmoor74 and Nightclub Dwight like this.
  2. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

Two of my daughter's friends have become NFL cheerleaders, another was Miss Dallas and her sister was also an NFL cheerleader.

3. FenderGyrl

FenderGyrl Poster Extraordinaire

My grandfather was walking thru the downtown area of Warren Ohio in 1934, when all of a sudden the G-Men had him surrounded. Machine guns were trained at him as he was instructed to get on his knees. Come to find out John Dillinger was rumored to be an the area. The FBI had a tip that his gang was going to hit the local bank. :lol:

Wait...what's this thread about?
    LOL

Oh, back in the early 80's I woke up one morning with a wicked hangover. Walked into the living room and Florence Henderson was sitting on our couch. Friggin Mrs Brady. :eek:

Seems my Roommate/ Uncle picked her up while at the bar the previous night.
    Surreal. :confused:o_O

I partied on Rick Derringers bus during one of the "Derringer" tours.

I partied with Patrick Swayze when he was filming Tiger Warsaw in Pennsylvania.

Gene Simmons hit on me once. I was too scared to even grasp what was happening though.

I saw Marilyn Manson in a club down in Florida. It was really just a sleazy bar. I remember getting into a fight with Twiggy Ramirez cause my band was playing the next night and I thought they sucked. He was dressed like a little goth girl, I stole his stupid lunch bucket. :lol:

I got yelled at by Phil Keaggy of The Glass Harp once. I walked out of his solo show and he stopped the music and he railed at me. :eek::confused:o_O

I used to hang out with Stiv Bators of The Dead Boys and Lords Of The New Church.
    He was just Steve to me though.
    ;):p:D

4. Ed Driscoll

Ed Driscoll Tele-Holic

5. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Friend of Leo's

When I was in college, I was in a Shakespeare class with Nancy Grace.

paulblackford likes this.
  6. E5RSY

E5RSY Doctor of Teleocity

In New Orleans, as I recall, right?

7. Torren61

Torren61 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I was almost on an episode of COPS but I wouldn't sign allowing them to put me in the show. I had enough problems at that moment...

8. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Poster Extraordinaire

Spider from Goodfellas went to my High School. Joe Pesci wasn't impressed.

electrichead and FenderGyrl like this.
  9. drmordo

drmordo Tele-Holic

I went to high school with a few people who went into show biz. One played bass for a major but horrible rock act, another was a SI Swimsuit Issue cover girl, another had CDR Will Riker for his uncle, and another has done ok for himself as a D tier actor in Hollywood.

But the folks I think about the most are the really cool or, in some cases, hot gals who just faded away. Not on Facebook, nowhere on google. There are a few of those, and they are the ones I am most interested in.

10. KWal

KWal Tele-Meister

Ronnie James Dio's son (Danny) was a classmate back in high school.

Best I can do.

I did stay in a Holiday Inn Select once.

I was also an extra in Gardens of Stone with James Caan, James Earl Jones, and Lawrance Fishburn.

11. That Cal Webway

That Cal Webway Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I went to school with a real pretty girl
    Who later went to prison.

Tommy Biggs and Wallo Tweed like this.
  12. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

Gilligan (Bob Denver) went to my junior High. That's all I got.

I threw away my yearbooks. Burn the past and move on.

Telecastoff1 and Wallo Tweed like this.
  13. charlie chitlin

charlie chitlin Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I have a friend who tells people Peggy Fleming is his cousin, but I know it's a lie.

Mad Kiwi likes this.
  14. VWAmTele

VWAmTele Friend of Leo's

I was neighbors and friends with a guy who moved from Massachusetts to Florida to go into hiding from Henry Hill (the Ray Liotta character from 'Goodfellas'). Seems my neighbor was a basketball player on the Boston College basketball team involved in the famous point-shaving scandal. ESPN did a '30 for 30' episode about it - Playing for the Mob.

two mils high likes this.
  15. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

my good friends who are brothers...their cousin was the keyboard player in robert hazards band the heroes...robert hazard wrote...girls just want to have fun...big hit for cyndi lauper

16. johnny7

johnny7 Tele-Meister

All I can add to the thread is this ...I was on the same flight with Avril Lavigne..(she is short), the only thing I could think of was that I hoped the plane did not crash as then I would have died in the plane crash that Avril Lavigne perished in. It would have diminished my death and made me a footnote in the history of Canadian music. I could imagine my daughters talking about my death years later..."My father died in the same plane crash as Avril Lavigne"....and then their friend would respond..."Didn't she have that hit a long time ago....she was very short you know". That conversation would have diminished my death.

17. Wallo Tweed

Wallo Tweed Friend of Leo's

I don't mind the occasional stroll down memory lane, but I sure don't want to live there!

Telecastoff1 and Obsessed like this.
  18. two mils high

two mils high TDPRI Member

The girl I went to the homecoming dance as a freshman in high school, was featured in playboy’s “ girls of the Big Ten” while she was at the University of Wisconsin. Tastefully top less. The issue I bought got ........ too soiled to keep at some point!

19. Ebidis

Ebidis Tele-Afflicted

I met the president (Clinton) twice.

Fretting out likes this.
  20. Bob Womack

Bob Womack Tele-Afflicted

Well, let's see. A young woman who was a colleague of mine took leave from work and won Miss America. She emailed us weekly during her reign over the next year. Of course, it wasn't terribly impressive to us where I worked - I worked with two Miss Americas, a Miss Virginia, a Miss Connecticut, a Mrs. Connecticut, and a Miss California. I think that was all. I had no idea any of them had been pageant winners until other people told me because they were just nice ladies. In fact, one of the former Miss Americas is one of the nicest people I know.

I was a casual acquaintance of a guy in college until I discovered that he was there under false pretenses while stalking another friend of mine, his former girlfriend. We closed around the former girlfriend and he was dismissed from the school. He went on to fame as John Lennon's murderer.

An colleague of mine who was then an actor was told he had no future in show management by the egotistical producer of a show I was on. He went on to create the show, Home Improvement and several other TV shows and films. Fun!

Bob

Obsessed likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.