I said I was done

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
And that I wouldn't be posting about my health anymore. Alas, this might be the last time. I've been dealing with cancer for about 9 years, but because of regular surgical procedures (12 now) I keep coming back. In two weeks I have another one - I have to have a cancer-ridden kidney removed. After that I have to have a procedure to install a shunt in my spine to take pressure off my brain from non-draining cerebral-spinal fluid. So I might not be back after all. Thanks to everyone for all their kindness and to the website for all the information I've been able to gain over the years.
I don't know what to say, words don't count for much in this situation. I can offer this, I'm not sure if it's the same thing or not, but my son-in-law has a seriously deteriorated liver, and was retaining fluid in huge amounts, having to have it drained through some sort of procedure. Day before yesterday he had an operation to install a shunt and came through it very well. It's too early to tell what the effects of the procedure will be, but the doctors are very optimistic about things being much better for him.

My best wishes for you during and after your procedures, I hope somehow you can be healed, and have a better life.

TD

t-ray

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
I admire your tenacity and willingness to endure these procedures, and wish you all the best. My father-in law had quintuple by-pass in his early fifties, pancreatic cancer in his 70's and then melanoma. Surgery for the pancreatic cancer was significant, like getting your guts re-plumbed. He recently died at about 95 years old after a very productive and happy life, despite these setbacks.

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
What does a non-religious guy say? No one wins out over entropy, but it’s not as simple as that. Some folks give up and some find a way forward. In physics it’s called creating a local low entropy zone. @idjster , you’re the example we should all emulate. You’re an inspiration to us when our courage wanes. I sincerely hope this isn’t the end for you. I’ll be doing something I’ve avoided since I came to TDPRI. I’m going to follow you. Whatever you decide, whatever the future brings, I’ll be thinking of you wishing you a gentle breeze and calm seas.

Dan R

Poster Extraordinaire
To echo TD, words don't really mean much regarding this. All I can say is to keep positive thoughts and try to make peace with our mortal existence. I will keep you in my prayers and send good vibes your way. Your strength gives us all strength. Your plight inspires us all to carry on through difficult circumstances. Hang tough, Idjster.

Timbresmith1

Friend of Leo's
And that I wouldn't be posting about my health anymore. Alas, this might be the last time. I've been dealing with cancer for about 9 years, but because of regular surgical procedures (12 now) I keep coming back. In two weeks I have another one - I have to have a cancer-ridden kidney removed. After that I have to have a procedure to install a shunt in my spine to take pressure off my brain from non-draining cerebral-spinal fluid. So I might not be back after all. Thanks to everyone for all their kindness and to the website for all the information I've been able to gain over the years.
I’m pulling for you.

pippoman

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
At times like these, people you’ve known for decades might not even know what to say. I mean, who does really? We’re all unique, so none of us know exactly what you’re going through and no one can honestly say “I know how you feel.” Nevertheless, just know we all mean well. Don’t give up; it ain’t over yet.

bendercaster

Tele-Afflicted
I know it's scary and exhausting, but I'm in the one-kidney club too due to cancer. The other one will pick up the slack and the shunt could provide a lot of relief. Hang in there.

Geoff738

Poster Extraordinaire
So sorry to hear. You’ve been through so much already. I just want to say I admire your fortitude as you’ve been dealing with this and wish you success dealing with this latest setback. Given your past history I think you’ll be back. I’m pulling for you.

Geoff

studio

Poster Extraordinaire
Surgery usually takes place when doctors are comfortable with a good outcome for you.

Please keep us posted on your recovery. Thanks.