I said I was done

idjster

VERY grateful member
Silver Supporter
And that I wouldn't be posting about my health anymore. Alas, this might be the last time. I've been dealing with cancer for about 9 years, but because of regular surgical procedures (12 now) I keep coming back. In two weeks I have another one - I have to have a cancer-ridden kidney removed. After that I have to have a procedure to install a shunt in my spine to take pressure off my brain from non-draining cerebral-spinal fluid. So I might not be back after all. Thanks to everyone for all their kindness and to the website for all the information I've been able to gain over the years.

arlum

Tele-Afflicted
Platinum Supporter
And that I wouldn't be posting about my health anymore. Alas, this might be the last time. I've been dealing with cancer for about 9 years, but because of regular surgical procedures (12 now) I keep coming back. In two weeks I have another one - I have to have a cancer-ridden kidney removed. After that I have to have a procedure to install a shunt in my spine to take pressure off my brain from non-draining cerebral-spinal fluid. So I might not be back after all. Thanks to everyone for all their kindness and to the website for all the information I've been able to gain over the years.
Although tomorrow is never a given .... all of us, including you, may well live to see it. Never throw in the towel. Every breath offers the opportunity to experience another. Life is not race and has no anointed finish line.

nvilletele

Friend of Leo's
Hang in there. It sucks, indeed.

I’ve had some medical **** to deal with, but nothing like that, so I can only imagine the physical and mental stuff you must be going through.

I’ve got a friend that just had a kidney transplant a month or so ago, and he already had a heart and lung transplant over 15 years ago, which at the time was only supposed to give him a max of 5 more years of life. But he keeps on keeping on, and has been doing amazing things all the while. He is now back in the hospital after having fallen on his face, and breaking a few bones, but he is still planning on what he’s gonna do when he gets out. Nothing stops this guy. He wants me to come visit him across the country, so I’m making plans to do so.

I guess my point is that truly awful stuff can happen too you medically (and otherwise) but how you deal with it is up to you, to a certain extent at least.

So handle this the best you can, and know there are people pulling for you.

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
Thank you for the update and all the inspiration over time. I continue my best wishes at ya!

NHFlyCaster

Tele-Meister
Someone I know got a shunt like that and it made a big difference. He was falling down a lot before the procedure.

I hope for and wish you strength to beat this. You sound pretty tough to have dealt with this for so long.