I promise you will thank me

trapdoor2

Friend of Leo's
Recipes based on Campbell's COM are a genre unto themselves. Many, many casseroles...

We usually have green-bean casserole for T-day. Same COM basis.

The OP's recipe looks yummy. Will have to try it! Thanks!

CryptCaster

TDPRI Member
This recipe sounds amazing. I'll be trying it this Thanksgiving in my home, and I bet it was heartwarming and meaningful to make again after your wife's passing. Food is such a resonant way to relight and share memories. I hope that making this dish again brought you back to happier times.

Chipss36

Tele-Holic
Ya thanks man, at work, stomach growling, now I am hungry, and that sound tasty,

all I got is a ham samich…..lol

going to try that for sure, sounds good.

oldunc

Friend of Leo's
When I was in college, one of my go to meals when I had no money was a baked potato with cream of mushroom soup on top. Tasted pretty good if you were hungry enough, but I can't say I've been tempted by mushroom soup recipes since then.
It would help if you gave some guidance on the potatoes- a "medium" potato is not much of an indication, nor is "precooked" without giving a cooking method. The quantities of peppers and onion are vague, as the volume will vary a lot by how they're chopped, and at any rate seem awfully low. I'd probably saute them both before assembling the dish.

BlastingOneHundo

TDPRI Member
Recipes based on Campbell's COM are a genre unto themselves. Many, many casseroles...

We usually have green-bean casserole for T-day. Same COM basis.

The OP's recipe looks yummy. Will have to try it! Thanks!
It’s a staple in every hot dish recipe I ever came across when living in Minnesota. I made a point of asking people about their particular brand of hot dish and Campbell’s cream of mushroom was there almost every time.

My personal secret is substituting in cream of onion soup anytime mushroom is called for, since most people in my family object to COM. I’ll give this a shot.

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
When I was in college, one of my go to meals when I had no money was a baked potato with cream of mushroom soup on top. Tasted pretty good if you were hungry enough, but I can't say I've been tempted by mushroom soup recipes since then.
It would help if you gave some guidance on the potatoes- a "medium" potato is not much of an indication, nor is "precooked" without giving a cooking method. The quantities of peppers and onion are vague, as the volume will vary a lot by how they're chopped, and at any rate seem awfully low. I'd probably saute them both before assembling the dish.
My wife cooked the stuff, but peeling potatoes and prepping that part was my job. Usually three to four medium size (your call), cut into cubes and boiled for 15 - 20 minutes (not too soft). I usually peeled five, but was told it was too many (usually). Drain the water. Dump into dish as directed. Usually it filled up a round corningware dish (2.5 liter). Best I could do below on potato size and dish. It has a glass top.

I should add that it is supposed to be a family size dish, like at Thanksgiving.

1113221506.jpg

Last edited:

oldunc

Friend of Leo's
My wife cooked the stuff, but peeling potatoes and prepping that part was my job. Usually three to four medium size (your call), cut into cubes and boiled for 15 - 20 minutes (not too soft). I usually peeled five, but was told it was too many (usually). Drain the water. Dump into dish as directed. Usually it filled up a round corningware dish (2.5 liter). Best I could do below on potato size and dish. It has a glass top.

View attachment 1050672
Well, I'd guess that's about an 8 oz. potato, fairly medium for a russet. I'm more of a new potato man and 3oz. is medium for me- it does make a rather significant difference.