1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

I played my favorite Squier Affinity yesterday, just wow.

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by haggardfan1, Oct 3, 2020.

1. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

Besides my #1 Lite Ash Tele, I have two Squier Affinity Telecasters.

The first one, a sunburst with rosewood, I won in a drawing at the local music store. Actually, I won a Jackson Dinky, but it was a shredder machine so I immediately traded it for the Tele. This one has been plagued with setup issues, but I still have hopes of making it a backup stage guitar (if there are ever any more stage appearances, if you know what I mean).

The second one has been a gem. I bought it off CL from a working player, who just wanted to unload it.

I got the BSB/black/maple neck guitar and a Jackson gig bag for $120. Seldom have I gotten a better deal on any purchase. The guitar was perfectly set up, the stock tuners and electronics have been fine, and it plays very well. Exceptionally well, in fact.

For the first time in probably two years, perhaps longer, I got it out last night and played it, unplugged, for about thirty minutes. I had recently changed its strings before I put it away, and the intonation was still spot on after I tuned it up. Even unplugged, this guitar rings like a bell and is amazingly easy to play. I can't wait to get it to a jam or a gig and open it up again.

I so wish that inexpensive guitars of this quality level had been available when I first started out playing. I just wanted to give Squier a compliment and rejoice that I rediscovered a great guitar--that I already own!

:)

Rocky058, elihu, alpinewhite and 11 others like this.
  2. Jay Jernigan

Jay Jernigan Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I love my Squiers. Two CV'50's: a WB and a BSB. Been known to float a few custom parts in and out but if didn't love 'em I wouldn't bother.

PhredE and haggardfan1 like this.
  3. el cheapo

el cheapo Tele-Afflicted

^^^^^ This! Love my Squier Standard and my Squier Bullet BSB!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

68Telebass, PhredE and haggardfan1 like this.
  4. mkdaws32

mkdaws32 Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Love my Lite Ash Tele, my Lite Ash Strat, my American Standard Tele, and my 3 Squier Strats (2 are Affinitys). I can set them up the way I like myself and they all play beautifully - at least to me!

Rocky058, PhredE and haggardfan1 like this.
  5. westofthesun

westofthesun TDPRI Member

I bought a Squier Tele earlier this year to have as a backup and to play around with some different parts and modifications. It is a fine instrument especially with the pickup upgrade (I put a Hot Rails in the neck position.) I still love my American Standard Tele with all my heart but this Squier definitely gets the job done!

haggardfan1 likes this.
  6. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

Mine looks much like the one in your second photo.

7. Randypttt

Randypttt Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Speaking of.... Pics or it didn't happen.

There are rules!!!! :D

haggardfan1 and mkdaws32 like this.
  8. FortyEight

FortyEight Tele-Meister

Right there with you. You got a better deal than I did. I paid 150 and no case. I did get a seymour duncan single coiled size humbucker that the guy thought about putting in though....

It's my favorite guitar. It's not my favorite color scheme but oh well. It plays freaking nice. And to me sounds real good.

Attached Files:

mkdaws32 likes this.
  9. LarryJunior

LarryJunior TDPRI Member

is that the original blue color?i used to own a green one i wish i had back now...

10. el cheapo

el cheapo Tele-Afflicted

Well sir not to derail this thread, but no, mine is not a standard color. I loaned it to a friend and it went through a house fire. After that I had to completely refinish it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.