1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

I picked up a Truetone CS7 Power Supply

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by AlbertaGriff, Dec 29, 2020.

1. AlbertaGriff

AlbertaGriff Tele-Afflicted

I had considered getting one of these a few years ago - I can't remember how many pedals I had back then, maybe 4 - but the sales rep at my local store kinda talked me out of it. Probably correctly.

Fast forward to today, I have since accumulated a Strymon El Capistan and more recently a Klon KTR. These, plus my other 3-5 pedals in the chain (depending), were being powered by a One Spot daisy chain.

My wife walked by while I was playing one day, and she said "what is that high pitched squealing?" I hadn't noticed up until then, but one of my pedals was obviously emitting a wicked squealing noise. A bit of experimentation, and I determined that the El Cap was the culprit. A bit of reading online, and apparently the Klon KTR's "charge pump" is partially responsible, although I am sure the total mA draw of my pedals wasn't doing me any favours.

I got a few gifts from the local music store, none of which I needed, so I returned them for credit and picked up a Trueton CS7 power supply.

Well the squeal is gone!

In addition, the power supply comes with an 18V option, so I tried that out on my Timmy and it sounds pretty great!

So the CS7 was a good option for me to eliminate noise from my rig. Just thought I would share.

2. ICTRock

ICTRock Tele-Afflicted

yeah the charge pump in the ktr is prone to heterodyning in a non-isolated power supply setup

AlbertaGriff likes this.
  3. ShortintheSleeve

ShortintheSleeve Tele-Meister

The CS7 served me well, and kept everything quiet. I recently sold mine only because I needed an eighth power port (bought a Walrus Audio Aetos).

AlbertaGriff likes this.
  4. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Poster Extraordinaire

I like TrueTone's stuff. I currently have a One Spot daisy chain, but will likely move up to a CS6 if noise becomes an issue after I finish my board.

AlbertaGriff likes this.
  5. IamBlue

IamBlue TDPRI Member

I just received mine today (CS-7), replacing my 1Spot daisy. I was getting a lot of hiss thru the board mainly from my reverb pedal so I'm hoping this eliminates it.

AlbertaGriff likes this.
  6. RockinforJesus

RockinforJesus Tele-Meister

A47765CC-C113-4ABD-8CC7-B564258C4B7C.jpeg Can’t say enough good about the CS7. Daisy chaining some drive circuits also without any issues. 10 powered pedals in all.

jddub440 and AlbertaGriff like this.
  7. AlbertaGriff

AlbertaGriff Tele-Afflicted

Let us know!

8. D_Malone

D_Malone Tele-Holic

I have a CS12 and I love it. Quality stuff.

jddub440 and AlbertaGriff like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.