I pick this baby up tomorrow

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by markeyd123, Oct 8, 2019.

1. markeyd123

markeyd123 Tele-Meister

Unfortunately the amp is not mine. Sounds great through my Princeton and my Champ though. I am very pleased. Everything I hoped for. Everything.

2. Old Deaf Roadie

Old Deaf Roadie Tele-Holic

Very nice. Enjoy!

3. Deathray

Deathray Tele-Holic

Stunning! Congratulations!

4. telestratosonic

telestratosonic Tele-Afflicted

Beauty!

5. gridlock

gridlock Friend of Leo's

Congrats. A beautiful guitar and I love your Super-Amp

6. markeyd123

markeyd123 Tele-Meister

This guitar is my favorite. The honeymoon period is over . . . this is true love. The finish, setup, craftsmanship, wood choice, everything is perfect. The more I play it the more satisfied with this purchase I am. Thing is: it sounds great even when unplugged. Really has great sustain that is noticeable without an amp. The Fralin bridge pickup has that classic tele tone and just sounds refined to my ears. Twangy but not harsh. The P90 (also Fralin) has a much warmer tone that sounds great by itself, very jazzy sounding (think Wes Montgomery playing a jazz-box), but when combined with the bridge PU creates a very distinct sound. This combo (when played together: p90/bridge) adds high end to cut some of the bass of the p90 by itself, but very unique tone in a good way. Can't think of anything to compare it to. Simple classic controls make it very easy to dial in a great sound (somewhat obviously) . . . I usually keep the tone knob all the way up and just adjust the volume to suit the situation. Feels perfect in my hands . . . I feel more confident playing this guitar, it just fits and feels like an extension of my body. I was nervous investing in a custom guitar that I can not play before committing to, but this build exceeded my expectation and the builder was great to work with. I have nothing to gain (financially or otherwise) by endorsing this builder, and I just feel like good work should be rewarded with positive feedback, and I am a very happy customer. Playing this guitar I am much less interested in pedals. I just want to hear the tone of the guitar played through tubes. Sounds great on my 5F1, modified 68 Custom Princeton Reverb, and Blues Deluxe. Unfortunately the amp pictured is not mine. Jeff says it's getting buried with him. He's a fanatic (in the way you'd want him to be) and it shows in his work.

7. Crobbins

Crobbins Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Congrats.

8. timtheshredder

timtheshredder TDPRI Member

I've never played one with a P-90 in the neck. How does that sound?

9. markeyd123

markeyd123 Tele-Meister

Check out post #26 above. I go into some detail there about the P90 neck pickup.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.