"I owe you a new amp."

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by LGOberean, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Shuster

Shuster Poster Extraordinaire

Tell her she should buy a couple of hundred worth more clothes, purses, shoes, makeup,,, you get the idea;):)

Lake Placid Blue likes this.
  2. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

We've never bothered with the whole "I spent money, and now you get to spend the same amount" thing in our marriage. Compared to my wife's spending history, I've spent way more money on many different things. I spend a lot more on clothes. She shops at thrift shops. I recently bought a brand new coat for $300, and I've worn it maybe 5 times in the last four months. I've spent thousands on my music hobby, but her hobbies cost a few dollars in art supplies every now and then.

I've spent a lot on power tools over the year, too, but I guess they belong to both of us when you consider that they were used to renovate our home.

nojazzhere likes this.
  3. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

Yeah, as you probably remember, I too have three PF15Rs, but mine are all bone stock. I too wish they hadn't discontinued it. And no, I've never plugged an extension speaker cab into one of my 15Rs. I've always owned combo amps, so I've never had a cab. I would like to hear it into a 1x12" extension cab, but I think I do have a good sense of what it would sound like. I've Lined Out my Pathfinders into my Alto TS310 powered speaker and my Peavey PA system with PR12s.

If I get the MSB25 (which at these point seems highly likely, provided I don't do something to put me in the dog house between now and then), it will down the road lead to the purchase of a 1x12" cab, because running from the head to two 8 ohm cabinets in parallel will bring the wattage output up to its full 50 watt potential. And I could use it with my Pathfinders as well.

nojazzhere likes this.
  4. jimilee

jimilee Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Yours is a keeper. My wife, who is also my third, is super supportive of my music as well. She talks me on to buying gear. It gets expensive when I take her to GC. One time she wouldn’t stop talking about a bass, I had toured around I. The parking lot and go buy it. Another time, it was a white Les Paul. I do like that I don’t have to ask permission if I want something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ex-riverman likes this.
  5. LGOberean

Ours is not to reason why...:twisted:

Reminds me of another story. (I'm like Jimmy Durante when it comes to stories: "I got a million of 'em!" Obviously, I like telling stories. Some of them are even true. :oops::twisted:)

Several years back some friends in a band were performing, and my wife and I went to hear them. The frontman, Mike, told some story. I don't remember all of the details of his story now, but it involved a guy going in to a cheap hooker, but afterwards was so satisfied he put a $20 on her dresser and told her "Go buy yourself something nice."

So after Mike finished his story and did the next song, I stood up and walked straight to the tip jar, and made a big display of putting in a $20. Then I looked Mike straight in the eye and said, "Go buy yourself something nice!" :twisted: Mike just about died laughing.;)

6. VWAmTele

VWAmTele Friend of Leo's

You had me at "underthings..."

Super Beetle owner here, love the sound.

7. LGOberean

:lol:

Sometimes my wife looks at me this way when I play. It's an awesome feeling. Guitar playing was part of what attracted her to me, I think. She loves music. Shoot, we met in high school choir in 1971.

John, if and when I start a NAD thread on the MSB25, I'd like to revisit your impressions of it. I recall that you had an issue of some sort with yours, and didn't keep it. But I'd still like to hear from you again on what you did like about it when it worked.

8. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Ad Free Member

Husbanding level: NINJA

9. LGOberean

Beth's calling me to supper, y'all. After her generous mood and all the nice things I've said about her, I better not keep her waiting. Later...

Torren61 and Lake Placid Blue like this.
  10. dswo

dswo Tele-Meister

I look forward to hearing about this too. I eventually went the other direction, MSB to PF, but I still follow comparisons with interest.

11. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

The one that I brought home had a strange electronic buzz that was just loud enough to be bothersome. I got spooked and returned it. I thought it sounded really nice. I have an AC10C1 and a couple Pathfinder 15R’s. I decided to send back the MSB25 and just let it be.

It’s great that you and wife sang in choir together!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    LGOberean likes this.
  12. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Must have been defective. Mine is dead silent in terms of noise. Good sound from low to high volume, and a lot louder than you would expect.

LGOberean and studio1087 like this.
  13. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

Congrats all around, Larry. Looking forward to hearing about the new amp.

LGOberean and Lake Placid Blue like this.
  14. tfarny

tfarny Friend of Leo's

Never, ever, run down your spouse's faults to anyone but a dear and close friend you would trust with anything - and even then, be careful. You ain't perfect neither!

15. Ex-riverman

Ex-riverman Tele-Holic

Every once in awhile my wife will ask where the pretty guitar went or roll her eyes when I say I have a new one in mind but there’s no permission at our house either. Just an acknowledged acceptance of our individual pursuits. I think we both have guilt about spending money on ourselves so we support each other. We have our own money to spend but obviously that money could also go into house renovations or something mutual.

jimilee likes this.
  16. jimilee

jimilee Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

That warms my heart. That’s the way a marriage should work. No resentment that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. DaveTone

DaveTone Tele-Meister

Quid Pro Quo is great when it works out as a balance.

18. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

"She's living in L.A., with my ex-old best friend Ray. A guy I told about my wife's faults."

tfarny likes this.
  19. Recce

Recce Friend of Leo's

I am waiting to see the British Flag Version. Just because I think it looks cool.

LGOberean and Torren61 like this.
  20. SamIV

SamIV Tele-Holic

Cool wife. I bought a used boat and my wife wants a new house.

Torren61 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.