I need your opinions!

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by KrenarCilku, Aug 2, 2020.

1. KrenarCilku

KrenarCilku TDPRI Member

Hello everybody!

I hope this thread finds you well!

I am currently working on my youtube channel, I have been messing around with it for about 3 months now and have uploaded 37 videos.

All of my videos until now have been all about playing and showcasing some gear that I own (mostly affordable).

I really enjoy making these videos and I truly enjoy playing guitar...

I want to start talking on my videos because until now all my videos are just me playing guitar and I want to make proper videos about gear, about guitar in general, about music and so forth.

My question is: If you come across one of my videos (I'll include some links) and see that they've been recorded only using a smartphone for both audio and video, would you still watch it or would you just ignore it? Meaning, do you guys think I'll be better off if I invest in a mic and an audio interface and then start making these videos or should I just simply make it happen with what I have?

I would seriously appreciate any feedback from you guys!

Links:

Best Regards!

2. MugHimself

MugHimself TDPRI Member

Yeah I’d skip it over. Sounds good tho make the investment in some entry level equipment

KrenarCilku likes this.
  3. Collin D Plonker

Collin D Plonker Tele-Meister

Yes, get some recording gear. It'll make your voice and music sound better. The music is good now but not very present. Also get some kind of set and lightning. Views and subscribers are everything on YouTube. Raise your "production values" and your could earn enough to pay for the investment.

KrenarCilku likes this.
  4. KrenarCilku

KrenarCilku TDPRI Member

I appreciate your honesty, I think a Behringer Audio Interface and a good condenser mic would do the trick.. hopefully.. cheers!

5. KrenarCilku

KrenarCilku TDPRI Member

Thank you for your feedback, what I'm most worried about is levels, if you talk after playing your amp loud and immediately start talking your voice would be lost until the intergrated mic fixes it's levels..thanks again, cheers!

6. Collin D Plonker

Collin D Plonker Tele-Meister

Recording is a whole nother animal. You need at least two, three mics. Also keep in mind you will be doing a lot "in post." In other words, you will shoot and record, then mix sound, then insert the remix into the video. You may have to do multiple takes, as well.

MugHimself and KrenarCilku like this.
  7. cyclopean

cyclopean Friend of Leo's

opinion:

bathory is better than venom.

the modern lovers are better than the velvet underground.

most stouts are better than guiness.

KrenarCilku likes this.
  8. Richie Cunningham

Richie Cunningham Tele-Meister

On another production note, I was put off by the camera angles and composition. I personally am turned off as a viewer when I can’t see the player’s face, or when part of their head is cut off. Same thing when the camera is looking up at the player, or the player is looking down at the camera.

Bassman8 and KrenarCilku like this.
  9. cyclopean

cyclopean Friend of Leo's

i hate it when part of my head is cut off while i'm playing guitar. it's very distracting.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.