I need my glasses to find my readers,, WTH is happening!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Shuster, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Shuster

Shuster Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I'll start with my phone,, lol

Chunkocaster likes this.
  2. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

I guess I was lucky....I adapted pretty quickly to bifocals. The only time I use "readers" now is with an older pair that are so weak they function for ten-twelve foot distance. I wear them when watching TV in bed, and with bifocals in that position I'd be looking through the lower (or "reading") part of the lens. Lately though, I'm reading a book in bed, so my bifocals work fine.

Shuster likes this.
  3. GibbyTwin

GibbyTwin Tele-Meister

somewhere between Asbury Park and Atlantic City
    Far-sighted here. I use readers mostly. I need glasses when I play my guitar because without them I see pairs of frets. The real fun comes when I'm gigging. I need the glasses to see the tablet and to make sure I'm on the right fret but then when I look down to tap the pedals it's a big blur so I have to look over the top of the glasses when I look down. So I got a light, narrow style of frame and wear it down on my nose, a la early Roger McGuinn. :)
    Gotta do what works!

What's really fun are the floaters....................:(

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    nojazzhere and Shuster like this.
  4. chemobrain

chemobrain Friend of Leo's

I've always worn glasses , since I was in my fifties I have gotten eyes checked well, until recently now it's once a year. There is a protective coating c-a-l-l-e-d hold on ,mmmmm , found it.
    Staring at computer screens all day? Protect your eyes from damaging UV and blue light. Blokz lenses prevent Fryeye. Blokz™ blue blocker lenses prevent FryEye by blocking out harmful blue light and UV rays. Protect your eyes with Blokz. tired, dry, irritated, blurry?
    as a procrastinator...I find that getting up once an 1.0 or 1.5 hours taking out the recycling,, washing the dishes remembering to bath... allows my eyes to adjust to something other than the eye of cyberspace it also seems refreshing after the kind of attention using my DAW requires
    now that I'm 70 everything seems to need a little.... ah.... down time, eyes included.

Shuster and Chunkocaster like this.
  5. Middleman

Middleman Friend of Leo's

The first time I had to replace a screw on my glasses I experienced this. I had to be able to see the screw with my glasses that I couldn't use because I was working on them. The little magnifying glass they provided didn't work either because it takes one hand to keep in focus and the other hand uses the little screw driver so how do you steady the glasses and the screw. It's a conspiracy I tell you.

Eventually I learned to keep the old glasses to fix the new glasses when they broke.

nojazzhere, Shuster and tery like this.
  6. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

They used to give warnings on computer games about sitting in front of the computer or TV for too long.
    I think 25 to 30 minute sessions required a 10 minute break for your eyes and brain to get a breather. I sit for hours on end at times in front of the screen. When I used to play games I would often go to bed with screen shots burnt into my eyes. ie, I would still see the outline of screen images after closing my eyes for 10 minutes. Wearing protection is a good idea imo. Or as you say at least take a break now and then to give your eyes a rest.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    chemobrain and Shuster like this.
  7. Ira7

Ira7 Doctor of Teleocity

Man, I forget all about getting yelled at from my parents for that.

Also for cracking my knuckles, but that didn’t hurt anything.

Chunkocaster likes this.
  8. chemobrain

your wisdom is the mountain that provides us with the bountiful shade

Chunkocaster likes this.
  9. chemobrain

I made that up, I thought you might like that, my acknowledging your insightful mind and keen powers of observation. :oops: A round about way of saying your really smart because you agree with me.....:D ... in the age of lies are truth ,everything you hear and see is a lie because I didn't say it first, I thought in light of that :confused: I could get away with doing it and walk away smelling like a trillion one dollar bills ,:lol:;):cool::rolleyes:

Chunkocaster likes this.
  10. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I might steal that quote for a song or the next time a girlfriend gives me that look that comes right before an argument/ breakdown/ breakup.
    It might buy me enough time to get the guitars out of harms way. :)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    Shuster and chemobrain like this.
  11. brianswindall

brianswindall Tele-Afflicted

Like its been said, it all starts to go mid-forties.

Shuster and Chunkocaster like this.
  12. jman72

jman72 Tele-Afflicted

I always had perfect vision and loved to rib my friends/family that didn't. Then about two years ago (age 44), I noticed that my vision was blurry in the morning for longer than normal after waking up. I was like, "man, why is that sleepy-eye blurriness lasting so long?" Then one day I tried (just for kicks) a pair of reading glasses and the blurry went away! Now, I'm now resigned to using the off-the-shelf readers. Getting older... it's better than the alternative.

Shuster likes this.
  13. chemobrain

well you are certainly welcome , having ridden a jackass further that words can tell, and when I returned it was not a horse, much to my surprise and dismay.

Chunkocaster likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.