I need a good, lightweight, Tele gig bag or foam case. I know this is an old topic

haggardfan1

Friend of Leo's
The last gig bag I bought on sale from an online retailer failed last week; a carry strap broke and I'm trashing it.
I have a G&G tweed case which is way too heavy for gigs, an an SKB fs-6 molded case.

What's between the hard cases and a flimsy bag? I haven't shopped around in a couple years.

A well padded bag would be fine.
I've got no experience with the polyfoam type cases, but I'd like to know more about them too.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
The last gig bag I bought on sale from an online retailer failed last week; a carry strap broke and I'm trashing it.
I have a G&G tweed case which is way too heavy for gigs, an an SKB fs-6 molded case.

What's between the hard cases and a flimsy bag? I haven't shopped around in a couple years.

A well padded bag would be fine.
I've got no experience with the polyfoam type cases, but I'd like to know more about them too.
Check out the Guardian 500 Series-
I got a perfect lightweight but durable exterior/thick padded gig bag for my 000 Acoustic ( guitar came with a very heavy case that is just too heavy, and I can't carry heavy stuff)

I got mine last year, doing a search at Elderly
Instruments. $90

I bet Guardian makes electric gig bags in the 500 Series

PaulNYC

Tele-Meister
I bought a road runner padded gig bag (highway premium) for under 80. Keep an eye out for MF SDOTD. The case fits my ASAT Special
PXL_20220726_013455021.jpg
very well.

haggardfan1

Friend of Leo's
I like the look of that Roadrunner. It's a little bit stouter than the bags I've been buying. Still for the price I've been pretty happy with the Ibanez Powerpad cases.
View attachment 1015628

Thanks everyone.

I just found a PowerPad on MF's "hot deals" page and ordered one for less than fifty dollars. It's black where the above one is beige ....Looks sharp and ought to do nicely. I'll try to post a picture next week when it arrives.

hemingway

Poster Extraordinaire
The only thing I would say is don't buy cheap. The last gig bag I bought was a pretty expensive Gator. It's big and bulky, but still much lighter than a hard case. If it doesn't see me through to the end of my days I'll want to know why.

As you say, with the cheap ones, the straps don't last.

Preacher

Poster Extraordinaire
Thanks everyone.

I just found a PowerPad on MF's "hot deals" page and ordered one for less than fifty dollars. It's black where the above one is beige ....Looks sharp and ought to do nicely. I'll try to post a picture next week when it arrives.

Post pics as that sounds like a great deal!

I have used this Fender one for years, don't know where I got it or how much I paid for it but it has worked for a decade at least.

IMG_3631.jpg

thankyouguitar

Tele-Meister
I like the look of that Roadrunner. It's a little bit stouter than the bags I've been buying. Still for the price I've been pretty happy with the Ibanez Powerpad cases.
View attachment 1015628
I also have and like this one! ^^^

My favorite is the Dickies gig bag, but I was only able to snag 2 of them before they were no longer available. . .

Texicaster

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Buy the best and cry once!......A Mono M80!