1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

I need a driveway gate operator

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by David Meiland, Sep 27, 2020.

1. bayside

bayside Tele-Meister

I also have done a few electric gates in my day and $700 sounds good but it will be around a $1000 installed. The info posted about what the operator spec's are looks good for a little tube gate. Siren activation maybe required, but this feature isn't expensive. Solar? Isn't Friday Harbor on the coast of Washington, not a sunny place, but it will work if the power goes off. Good Luck

2. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

It's a lock and chain. The FD is going to take the scenic route.

3. otterhound

otterhound Poster Extraordinaire

I haven't seen or heard of a siren activated lock and chain ....yet .

4. El Famoso

El Famoso Tele-Meister

I put one of those mighty mules on my front gate. Went with the medium duty and it’s been fine for about 9 years at this point.

You don’t need the solar panel. They have a little transformer that plugs in and trickle charges the batteries. The batteries themselves run the motor.

The nice thing about this is that it’s just low voltage wire from your shed, which means you just need to scratch the wire into the ground a couple inches. Use landscape lighting wire or sprinkler wire and you’re good to go.

rangercaster likes this.
  5. rangercaster

rangercaster Poster Extraordinaire

I'm am still available, but dog sitting and spider control I charge extra for ...

6. Thebluesman

Thebluesman Tele-Holic

Put dog on a chain.A] he can move around whenever he won't inhibit anyone arriving at the gate etc {c] you can open/shut the gate at will. [d]Train the dog to shut the gate![e] remove the dogs teeth as a last resort..lol

rangercaster likes this.
  7. Thebluesman

Thebluesman Tele-Holic

ease and comfort etc= automatic gate etc.alternatively...spend 5 mins to manually open/shut gate is not the end of the world.chain for the dog etc is not expensive.a bear more so!...especially.. removing a bears teeth is more trouble than a dogs....[post sent from a hospital bed & bandaged like a mummy!!!!]

8. pixeljammer

pixeljammer Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Build ramps on both sides, and jump the gate. Video, please.

9. David Meiland

David Meiland Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

One thing I thought of before but forgot about is the possibility of putting in a cattle guard. You think an 11-pound dach-pug-hua could walk across a cattle guard? Maybe I don't need a gate. Our last dog was a pain-proof kamikaze Boston terrier who would have just thrown himself across it so we had the invisible fence for him. It kept failing and he kept leaving so it didn't work well.

10. gregulator450

gregulator450 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

At first glance at the thread headline I was going to say I'm looking for work and I can open and shut a gate.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.