I need “Dress Blues” trousers turned into a guitar strap. Another USMC tribute build coming!

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by reddy2300, Dec 2, 2018.

1. reddy2300

reddy2300 Tele-Meister

88809FC3-E68C-42A7-973B-56E81E117073.jpeg I am building another USMC inspired Telecaster. This time for my MARSOC veteran brother. (My dad absolutely LOVED the one I built for him. Thank you folks for some great ideas!)

This one will be quite a bit different from the first one. I’ll start another thread with pics, when I get started making chips fly.

The reason for this post is to get the ball rolling on having the strap made for it. I have a pair of my brother’s Dress Blues trousers with the “blood stripe” that I’d like to incorporate into it. Does anyone know someone who can make a strap from a pair of pants? Lol.

2. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

Member @tvvoodoo makes excellent re-purposed & new straps under the Well Hung name on Reverb. I have quite a few of his, He'll do it proper.

tvvoodoo and viccortes285 like this.
  3. stratoman1

stratoman1 Friend of Leo's

Go to Strat -Talk and find Bodean. The thread Thinking of getting back into leather work is his. The man makes some really nice stuff

reddy2300 and viccortes285 like this.
  4. viccortes285

viccortes285 Tele-Afflicted

Semper Fi till the day I die, Nam Recon brother

5. dogmeat

dogmeat Tele-Afflicted

no

6. denny

denny Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

I'll throw in an obvious thought. You might take the strap hardware and the pants to a local tailor/alterations/bridal shop (many time cleaners will have someone who does this). Ask if they have any ideas. You might find a tailor who would love to do something besides altering wedding dresses.

viccortes285 likes this.
  7. tvvoodoo

tvvoodoo Tele-Afflicted

If you want I could also add some regimental insignia etc... Really personalize it for your bro - I have done this several times.

My individually numbered Shock and Awe series is one of my more popular

[​IMG]

8. DrASATele

DrASATele Poster Extraordinaire

Look up FireFish Originals on Facebook Joe is a great guy with some seriously creative skills in the strap making leather working realm. I don't work for him but I know he was once a luthier over at Parker guitars and now does construction full time while doing FireFish Originals on the side.

9. shinigami747

shinigami747 Tele-Holic

Dress trouser material might require some sort of tougher/heavier backing like leather or thicker fabric.
    Dare I suggest Etsy for online options? Which specific vendor - no idea.

That bright stripe running down the center of a strap seems like a cool idea to me

Matt G likes this.
  10. Milspec

Milspec Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Just make the stap out of leather and have it dyed blue with the blood stripe in a panel. The loop will be the same with better functionability. Could also make one out of a duty belt I guess.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.