1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

I may be losing out on a trade, but its a unicorn, I'm anxious and excited at the same time???

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by dreamingtele, Mar 4, 2020.

1. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

Yea, maybe Im getting tired of having the same guitar and wants something different visually? LOLOLOL

2. joe_cpwe

joe_cpwe Tele-Afflicted

I saw the words unicorn, anxious, and excited so I thought I'd post this.

ce93b11688e5407e2362e51e3392a85b--rocker-girl-guitar-girl.jpg

61fury and Chunkocaster like this.
  3. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

That's crazy, that might be the global shipping calculator. Ive seen shipping prices as high as $1k for small $200 buck items. Ive bought lots of guitars and amps from the US and the guitars usually cost around $120 to infinity with $120 to $200 being the average.

Fendereedo and Jlwctn like this.
  4. Chunkocaster

She doesn't seemed too concerned about the coronavirus.:)

joe_cpwe and Fendereedo like this.
  5. dreamingtele

Can you share what you use? I only have a plan, an outlined of what needs to be done, basically using a courier pickup service that can pickup the guitar from seller, and ship it to here with an online booking.. but the AU dollar isnt worth anything against USD, so Im just waiting for the right time! LOL

6. Chunkocaster

They have just organised it for me, ups, fedex, dhl etc.

There is another way where you can pay a small fee for a US address for them to ship to, then they ship to you. Like an escrow arrangement but I have not done that myself. Ive done something similar when buying from Japan, yahoo auctions, buyee etc.

7. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

I always Wirk in the theory that you’ll know when it’s the right thing to do, you just will. So long as you’re turning it over in your mind, don’t! Somewhere down the line a deal will just slot into place and you’ll not need to think on it, it’ll be so obviously right. Once done, you’ll look back on this one and understand why you weren’t sure. AlwYs works for me.

8. scottser

scottser Friend of Leo's

no brainer - you have two teles that are almost the same. if you like the epiphone that much then do your trade and don't look back.

9. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

My experience has been that if you buy an Epiphone because you "could never afford 'the real thing'", you will always be disappointed. Nothing wrong with Epiphones in general, but as a substitute for highly sought after Gibson models, they fall well short, IMHO.

10. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

In life, you overwhelmingly regret waaaaaaaaay more things you did NOT do, than things you’ve done.

This is ALWAYS true.

(On the other hand, you might have to replace the pick ups on that 295 if they’re too aggressive, because there’s nothing worse than an overly hot P 90. Not saying they are, just that you might have to. But, since it’s just an Epiphone, the hack/splice method is fine :lol:)

Jlwctn likes this.
  11. dreamingtele

So much wisdom!!!!!

well, theres a version called ES-295 Premium, and the finish is nitro with proper Gibson pickups! And this is not that!!
    Hehehe

12. dreamingtele

this is also the reason why I just cant justify buying an Epiphone ES-335, because I’ll always want a Gibson. Unless its MIJ, i can live with it for a while, BUT, will always want a Gibson

13. ftbtx

ftbtx Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Have you thought about getting a new Epi Uptown Kat and putting P90s in it?

14. Wallaby

Wallaby Friend of Leo's

I agree with this. You might know the differences and understand the value, but other people might not because of brand recognition. If you don't love the guitar it'll be hard to sell at a decent value. Food for thought.

I think I'd search out a different unicorn if it were me, or at least one I can see and touch in person. Just my 2 cents.

15. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I don't think the Korean Epiphone ES-295s are that rare. I've seen a lot more of them than Japanese ones on the net for sale.

16. Jlwctn

Jlwctn Tele-Meister

20 years ago, I thought I wanted an Epiphone Joe Pass, and I saw them on Ebay and elsewhere, but I just couldn't or wouldn't bring myself to pull the trigger.
    I saw one at a guitar show a few years later, so I picked it up... I couldn't get over how Heavy it was...!
    Gibson, Gretsch, Guild, Epiphone... none of the hollowbody guitars I had previously owned were ever in the "heavy" category.
    Was it an anomaly? I don't know. I've never had the occasion to play or handle one since.
    That was My Unicorn.
    It's not the Epiphone brand, or the origin of manufacture. I don't know if it is that model, or just that guitar.
    Who knows? That might have been one of the guitars I was looking at online.
    I still do own a few guitars that I've bought sight unseen. It had to be a really good deal to do it.
    Don't give up a Great guitar for one that might or might not be "good".

17. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

I had no idea that this was 295 related until after the thread title piqued my interest.

I too am/will always be hunting for a 295 spec'd size model. I've resigned to being patient. Given your location that might be tough.

I need to have the real trapeze tailpiece tho. I Have one actually & it cost me. I'm ok with that. If I wanted to sell it now I have a buyer in town sitting on a husk that needs/wants.

Those import B7's just arent right on there.

Play it & see if it does it for you, but i wouldn't make that trade given your input. I'd decline & come back with an offer to buy. He was willing to trade it away, why not?

I get it dreaming. I get it...

18. Jakedog

Jakedog Telefied Ad Free Member

There’s no way I’d trade that telecaster for an Epi. No way at all. Even if I didn’t like the Tele that much, I’d sell it, buy the Epi, and have money left over. But I’m telling you, I would not do that trade.

19. dreamingtele

Hi all, OP here,

no need to worry. Hehehe. Seller just responded and he’s more interested in cash which i dont have. All good.

[​IMG]

my rig is still intact!!

[​IMG]

i’ll just buy it if I ever see it again and if I have the money already. :)

Recce, Fendereedo and Jakedog like this.
  20. koolaide

koolaide Tele-Afflicted

Never ever never sell or trade a guitar.
    I have parted with 3 in my over 50 yrs and regretted all but 1. Note one was an original 61 sonic blue strat:cry:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.