I may be leaving NC. Anyone around Orlando?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by RevMike, Aug 2, 2017.

1. RevMike

RevMike Poster Extraordinaire

Hey Guys and Gals,

Hope all is well with everyone. Sorry I haven't been hanging around here much in the last few months, because I've been busy either working or trying to find work. Mostly the latter. I had a job in a local restaurant for a bit. Didn't work out so well. Now its been back to the drawing board, and well.....it seems like NC doesn't want me. Since I've been back here, its been nothing but rejections left and right. Friends and family who seemed excited at the prospect of me being back home, and promised to help me establish connections have mainly split to the four winds. Without any other prospects and money getting short, I've been starting to look out of state for jobs. Mainly in Florida.

This morning I have an interview, via phone, in the Orlando area. If that goes well, and I get the job, I'm putting the house up for sale and getting out of here. Even if it doesn't I may go anyway as we have family there, and we will likely lose the house in a few months if I don't sell it first. I love my house, but I don't feel like home in Raleigh anymore. I have a few friends here, but other than that, there doesn't seem to be anything here for me anymore. I'm not giving up....just moving on.

Anybody here from the Orlando, Fl area? How's it down there? Job market? Cost of living? Music scene?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  2. MrCairo46

MrCairo46 Friend of Leo's

Space Coast seems to have a healthy music scene, comfortable cost of living. I have a vacation condo in Cocoa Beach and love it there.

RevMike likes this.
  3. JKjr

JKjr Tele-Holic

Sorry to see you leaving Raleighwood...but I can certainly understand why. It's just not the same place it used to be.

Gentrification has been spreading faster than the plague, and many of our favorite venues have gone under or been miraculously transformed by wine and cheese. My new neighbors walk dogs that are worth more than my car.

Not that I'm complaining(much). I love what it's done for my property value, but what used to be a vibrant live music scene has pretty much vacated the premises.

It's been 30 years since I've lived in the Orlando area, but if you're looking for a change...lot's of entertainment dollars pouring in every day. Best of luck on your new start!!

RevMike likes this.
  4. RevMike

RevMike Poster Extraordinaire

True about the venues. Although there are new ones. I would stay but I just can't find work. I've tried tirelessly but to no avail. It's very discouraging to say the least.

5. JKjr

JKjr Tele-Holic

I feel confident that the same persistence will bear fruit in Orlando. Knock 'em out!

RevMike likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.