I married my favorite guitar player.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by MandyMarie, Mar 10, 2012.

1. MandyMarie

MandyMarie Friend of Leo's

I'm sitting here watching John grin behind a Telecaster at the Pedal Steel Guitar Convention in Dallas...he's being silly and the audience is laughing yet all of us guitar players are secretly wanting to somehow accidentally crush his left hand (haha!) ...and it just dawned on me - I really did marry my favorite guitar player.

Are any of you guys a genuine fan of your significant other? A wife who's a painter/sculptor/artist of some sort? Fellow musician? I'm trying to act normal and not go full on fan-girl.

2. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

My wife's degree is in photography. She also paints and draws. Her artwork adorns my office and our home. When we started dating 23 years ago her basement apartment smelled like linseed oil and oil paints. It was a creative mess. I loved it then & now.

I'm smitten (with my wife and her creativity).

3. Wop Geronimo

Wop Geronimo Former Member

My wife makes amazing handmade jewelry. I'm in awe of her talents. We sit and I pick while she makes pieces. I sure do love that girl :)

4. toadman

toadman Tele-Afflicted

Mrs Toadman is a high school math teacher (and a really good one to boot). i'm a big fan of teachers.she couldn't carry a tune in a bag but BOY does she know her guzzintas!
    the fact that she is totally HOT goes a long way too!

5. jimd

jimd Friend of Leo's

My wife is pretty amazing at whatever she does. I know she's a pretty awesome web developer, but that's just the day job. She is also an amazing painter and printmaker, but that has taken a backseat to her racing triathlons. I'm her number one fan. She is world champion in her age group at the 1/2 Ironman distance, ended 2011 ranked #1 in her age group by USA Triathlon and was just given an honorable mention for USA Triathlon's top master's athlete. Oh, and she's the one who taught me my first chords on guitar.

6. Markdett

Markdett Tele-Meister

My Fiance rocks. She isn't an artist or musician. She is a Behavior assistant in a Special Needs classroom environment. She has been working with Special Needs students for 13 years or more. She just finished her Bachelor's in Psych, while working full time and serving as Committee Chair for our 2 son's ( we brought 1 each with us to the relationship) Boy Scout Troop. She is now working on her Master's in Special Education, with an Autism Certification. She is busting her hump while I appeal my Disability claim with Social Security. She has resumes out for autism teaching positions for next school year, and we have our fingers crossed she can get hired on a provisional license.

7. candybluecrook

candybluecrook Tele-Afflicted

My wife can paint... but she's infinitely more my favorite piece of art. She's beautiful and not just to me... everybody says how gorgeous she is. I already knew this. I love to just be able to sit and look at her. To be able to get lost in her blue eyes.... to see the looks she shoots me when she gets angry.... I am her biggest fan. She's the one that loves me.... and she's the best at it. Love ya Jess...

8. twangshredder

twangshredder TDPRI Member

My husband is a man of many talents. He is an absolutely brilliant and talented guitar player. I can watch him for hours just playing away ,hes amazing.He makes my heart melt when he sings. Such a wonderful father. Intelligent. Very Sexy! He has risked his life for me,and save me more than once. Even when I have fallen he's always been there. Loving and gental yet wont take crap from anyone. He IS The TALL, DARK AND HANDSOME MAN EVERY WOMAN DREAMS OF, and He's all mine.people here can argue all day long that they have some one special,but me I have the real deal. He is truly The best a woman can ask for and ever dream of. My husband, the Greatest man in the world.I LOVE YOU BABE!

9. WaylonFan76

WaylonFan76 Poster Extraordinaire

My wife can eat a dish somewhere and go to the store and recreate it to a T, ( even my mom's cooking :eek: ), and that's badass to me... I have no clue how she does it. Pretty awesome, as far as I'm concerned.

10. candybluecrook

candybluecrook Tele-Afflicted

I've been one upped y'all .... see ya when I get home sweetheart. 600 more miles after tonight ;)

11. MandyMarie

Awwwwwwwwwwwww, I've been posting on this board since I was 18 and we all turn into such cranky bastards sometimes - a thread like this one does my heart good!!

12. yark14

yark14 Friend of Leo's

Dang. You kidders be on your best behavior in D-town.

13. ThreePlyGuy

ThreePlyGuy Friend of Leo's

First time was/is a dancer choreographer and modern dance instructor Cal State. Second time was/is an artist creative and commercial. Both very talented, driven and a little crazy. Lucky for me or at least was in the daze. Think about them sometimes, mostly not. Mandy, you two are a mite popular around here, good on you both and decades together.

14. Rich_S

Rich_S Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I married my favorite guitar-hater.

15. 63dot

63dot Friend of Leo's

My wife is a really great keyboardist and it made me stop playing. I am pretty good, at least better than guitar by a wide margin, but she's a real natural and I am proud of her. I don't have anything against myself playing, and even though I enjoy it, I just revert back to my guitar. The good thing though is there is no competition as she could work towards being pro and I am just a hacker.

I don't think I would have married a guitar player as I like the idea of my significant other having other skills, but somewhat similar tastes. I like sports, she likes clothes and that's kind of nice to have things to ourselves.

I have met so many successful couples where one is artistic and the other has no talent or interest in the arts at all. Many couples round each other out and as a pair cover all bases.

16. mickeydean

mickeydean Friend of Leo's

I married a stripper.

Wait. I might have dreamed that.

17. Tele60x

Tele60x Tele-Holic

:lol:

18. Starrman44

Starrman44 Tele-Afflicted

My wife is an RN who works in pediatrics (floats from NICU all the way to School-age, so she takes care of em from 24 weeks-old to 18 years-old). Well, you gotta love a gal who will take up a profession dealing with kids with all manner of diseases. She has patients die from cancer, car accidents and patients who earlier in the day were completely normal, suffered a tragedy and now their parents have a brain-dead baby to try and take care of. Well, in my book, that takes a special kind of talent all of its own and a special heart. She cries when she talks about some of the stories, but mostly she's strong. We got 3 of our own and one on the way. We're a happy family...

19. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

Heck - you married one of my favorite guitar players !

My wife is a phenomenal artist as is her mother.

20. MandyMarie

You guys are sweethearts and I love ya! Any man that's proud of his wife is a damn good husband....you guys have some amazing partners and you've figured out the key to a successful relationship - realizing you married a bad ass ;-)

PS - We're happy because we just met Terry Downs here at the Steel Convention in Dallas! I've been following his posts forever (he was so patient with me with my Vibroverb!) and both John and I own his Roy Nichols video - we're like kids at Christmas!

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.